• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Weird Effects due to Shipyard Repaint Interface

@Levis: If you're now vaguely familiar with the Shipyard Interface code anyway, did you happen to spot any not-too-difficult ways of fixing this particular issue?
Apparently sometimes using the Repaint Interface can create a copy of your own ship, so you suddenly get a second one for free. :facepalm

Still need to look into this. If I can replicate it I can fix it. It's on my to-do list but got other stuff first.

If someone like @A.H could tell me the exact steps to replicate this it should go faster.

This was an issue not far back; can't exactly remember.. but you could try as a start to get 2 ships.. one with you and one with an officer.. then repaint/appearance of your "officer's" ship..
For me, what happened as I remember is the officer's ship turned exactly same as mine in stats.. I had a sloop or something, and he had a fluyt .. after repaint, his ship became a sloop.

Not 100% sure what was the case since I forgot about this a while back, but i'll dig into it when I get myself a fleet

Got to replicate it.
If you want to use this exploid:

- Hire an officer
- Go to the shipyard
- Have a ship which has multiple appearances to choose from (dunno for sure if this is needed tough)
- Set the officer as captain in the shipyard interface
- Go to appearance
- Select the captain
- You can now still choose an appearance while there is no ship
- Choose one
- Exit the interface
- You now have an extra ship

Now that I replicated it I can try to fix it.
Will look at it tomorrow. Probably isn't that hard to fix tough :).

Back