• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Weird Label - on Hispaniola

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Build 14 Alpha 10.1

If you go to Cap Francos on Hispaniola and then go through the jungle to Playa del Muerta Beach.

On the way you will walk along a cliff top path. Half way along this path a log file message will appear saying "There's a cave enterance in the cliff" and a padlock will appear in the top left of the screen.

This Padlock can be made to have some strange labels (eg Cargo Hold, Upper Cannons Deck).:rofl

The Cliff enterance does not take you to any of these places. :no

It takes you back to the cave you have just come out of. :yes

The padlock label is being picked up from the last location icon that appeared at the top left of the screen.

I think the intention was that it would pick up the cave icon label, but the cave has no icon at the top left. :facepalm

That's one of Bartolomeu's added locations, I think.
Seems like something's wrong with the label or with the location where that locator points to.
What location does it lead to or does it lead nowhere?

That's one of Bartolomeu's added locations, I think.
Seems like something's wrong with the label or with the location where that locator points to.
What location does it lead to or does it lead nowhere?

It leads back to a cave with a Maltese Knights grave in it, this in turn goes back to the cavern you have come out of to get to the path ( this is a copy of the cavern with all the bandits that is under the waterfall on Bonaire - that leads to the Bonaire beach with the shipwreck on it). :)

This is on the bug tracker, right? We'll look at it at some point. :yes

Ok; thanks. I don't think I'll find time to do something about this before Beta 1, but at least then we won't forget. :onya

Back