• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Weird Metal Hand

Fred Bob

Shrimping Fool
Staff member
Administrator
What's wid de strange, metal hand dat ends up in yer inventory when ye wash up on de beach later on an' kin it be fer anything useful or it be an Easter Egg, ye fellers thinks? :?

Aye. :yes Fail tew sink de Dutchman way later on when it be "safe" an' ye end up washin' up on de shore again, but ye has dis odd metal hand in yer inventory. :shrug Go try ye an old save game an' FAIL dis time, tew see what Fred Bob be a sayin'! :dance

Metal Hand.png

Looks like a Terminator hand to me Fred Bob! You best be watching yer back mate! I would definitely be finding that shot gun if I was you! :?

You must have lost your hand in combat or something and you have a metal hand now, althougth true to the time you wouldn't have had anything at all apart from a hand missing, but this is only a game after all and a pump action shotgun in the 17th centery is well interesting, it takes only 1 shot from that shotgun to kill a enemy soldier even with full health, a nice gun but it does make it far too easy, you can board a ship with no crew against a fully manned MOW and win, amazing what today's weaponry can really do compared to that of say errr the 17th centery.:p

Aye, Fred Bob's long ago got him dat awesome shotgun, mateys! xD

Tew bad ye cain't "equip" de crazy metal hand! :facepalm

What on earth does "SD2022" be a referrin' tew? :?

Now "SD2002" instead might o' make mo' sense as didn't Sea Dawgs come out in 2002? :shrug

Fred Bob be tempted tew play out de game from dis result an' see what be happenin' next! :woot

Nah... Now you need to find the memory chip and you will be able to assemble the Robo-Officer. He comes with light saber.

Harr! xD: Aye, he prolly be gittin' mo' parts each time he be failin' to grasp the un-cursed Dutchman! :facepalm

Maybe the SD2022 means when they're planning on releasing the next game. xD: Fair bit of a wait, I'd say.

Last night, Fred Bob figgered out dat ye gits de Cyborg Metal Hand de SECOND TIME ye git sunk by de Flyin' Dutchboy! :yes
Doesn't matter whether ye has found all de black pearls yet or not! :facepalm

Hmmmm, was the second one right handed or left handed?? I wouldn't try it a third time Fred Bob, ya might end up on a beach with a nekkid Arnold Schwarzenegger! xD:

Hmmmm, was the second one right handed or left handed?? I wouldn't try it a third time Fred Bob, ya might end up on a beach with a nekkid Arnold Schwarzenegger! xD:

Then it will be a good idea to stock a hair dye... or you can finish getting "playing PC games ban"

I got the metal hand and stayed the night in the tavern on Willemstad. Halfway through the night I was awoken by the Terminator who took his hand back and gave me a long story about why he was there. Weird! I can't find nothin in the prep for a walkthrough thread on how you beat the Dutchman. Please if someone has done it, tell me how.

V/R AS

Attachments

• Screenshot-08Nov2009-003308.jpg
    Screenshot-08Nov2009-003308.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 117
Interestinger and Interestinger.... I haven't gone after the Dutchman yet, so I have no clue. :shrug

Crazy Russian storyline writers. :mi Very amusing. The Terminator :328_skull: said he got missent to the 17th century because of a temporal rift and that his power core was almost dead. He told me that the Flying Dutchman's crew were all terminators like him. :no :woot :modding :rofl Hopefully I dont run into any alien crystal skulls in a crashed flying saucer in the middle of the Inca city.

V/R AS

Harr! xD:

Fred Bob dug him up an olde save, spent him a coupla three nights in de San Juan Holiday Inn, an' behold got him his very own Terminator Visitation! :woot

Last dialog bit sounded kinda funny a talkin' 'bout a weapon or sumptin' but in de end thar be no logbook update nor no item transfer! :facepalm

'Twas he meanin' de Uber Shotgun from de Aztec Temple ye suppose? :?

Terminator_Visitation12.png

Pretty scary lookin codfish! Can't think of anything else but the shotgun, unless its an egg somewhere no ones found. :shrug I haven't got the shotgun yet - on my way to the pearl divers and "White Boy" now to get me 666 cursed pearls. I will look for it. :keith What a weird twist - can't say I'm getting board with the game though. :cheeky

V/R AS

How very amusing, i captured the Dutchman first try when it was uncursed, So i never experienced that, Sadly!
Such an odd twist to the game indeed. I've gone through the weapon files a few months back and nothing stuck out to me apart from the Wolverine claws (And some other unusual item that i have fogotten!) but they were commented out in the game's code (So they can't be accessed without editing the file! - I'm sure any odd lookign weapon would have stuck out to me, but, Don't tak emy word for it, Continue on your adventure matey's! Maybe there is a hidden weapon in the game elsewere.

Back