• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Weird problem with some cities

Lamias

Landlubber
Hey guys, i am encountering a problem, which might be a bug.

I just sailed to Santo dominico in Hispaniola. In the world map, it says that the city belongs to england (it has the english flag etc). In sail mode, i look with my spyglass to the fort, and i see the english flag as well.

The thing is, when i moor and go to the streets, there are spanish soldiers there, and the place looks like it belongs to spain. The governor is also Spanish. This happens with all the cities of Spain. For example, the whole spanish main which is supposed to belong to spain, has english flags all over. And as soon as i moor, there are spanish soldiers and governors. Their forts, despite having the english flag, are probably also spanish because i am friends with england but hostile with spain, so when i go close they fire.

Am i the only one who has this problem?

There's no possible way this could be a bug unless you tampered with the files or flag tga.tx names.

Are you sure you are seeing the English flag??? Or are you seeing the Cross of Burgundy?

Some people get mixed up between the two flags if they're not historically familiar with them (Cross of St. George vs the Cross of Burgundy). The later is the correct flag for Spain in the 17th century http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Burgundy_Flag

Also we use the 17th century version of the Red Ensign as the English flag in the Caribbean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Ensign
So the Cross of St George is only seen in the upper corner.

In my Eras mod the flags change for each era like in POTC.

MK

.... I feel so stupid. I'm sorry for wasting your time because i was unable to observe the difference between the flags.

Right now i am playing the Gentlemen of Fortune mod. Is the Eras mod you mentioned included in GoF? Generally, is GoF a good mod or maybe could you suggest something better?

Thanks and sorry again.

Don't feel stupid Mate. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. Now you know. You're not wasting anyone's time. We are glad you want to play with our mods. One thing that I've said for a very long time is that I think PA and our beloved Age of Sail games most definitely provide a lot of historical education at their core - intended or not.

The Era's mod is just an expansion package of GOF, but it isn't ready yet. I recommend GOF for your starting mod. For the best experience, set your advancement bar all the way to the left so you level up really slow.

Have fun! :onya

MK

Oh, when i started the game i set the advancement bar a bit on the right to speed up leveling. I didn't think of that until you said it.

Is there a way to modify it through the files and make leveling slower? Because in-game i can't unless i start a new game, and i have gone too far to start all over.

Anyway thanks for this amazing mod, and for the work that you do in general!!!

No sorry you have to start a new game if you wish to change the erpience bar settings or difficulty level etc.

Don't feel stupid Mate. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. Now you know. You're not wasting anyone's time. We are glad you want to play with our mods. One thing that I've said for a very long time is that I think PA and our beloved Age of Sail games most definitely provide a lot of historical education at their core - intended or not.

The Era's mod is just an expansion package of GOF, but it isn't ready yet. I recommend GOF for your starting mod. For the best experience, set your advancement bar all the way to the left so you level up really slow.

Have fun! :onya

MK
Is there an ETA for ERAS yet? Im looking forward to seeing it as i am sure alot of other people are too. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Look around the posts a little. I have been pretty clear when release is. Christmas for Module #2 and Spring 2013 for Module #1 and 3. Module 3 will be done sooner if I don't take a long vacation around Christmas.

Also read some of the commentary I leave on my vids for what I'm up to with the mod.

MK

Back