• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Well hello again.

AndyK

Sailor Apprentice
so, i was absent for quite some time now, but now i am back and if i could help with anything...

i can model, texture, rig characters... and thats about it.

Good to have you back. :cheers

Modelling is a priority at the moment, so really it's down to what you'd prefer to work on.
We could do with some props, buildings or even characters at this point; any of those sound interesting?

Well, i would love to work on some assets and architecture. But you will have to tell me how you prefer archtecture modeled, as 1 or modular(like windows, doors, balconys,etc.) and i don't draw textures i make them by using reference images so i won't be able to texture everything, but majority i can. Also i can make ready textures for modelers that can't texture.

Well, i don't need that texture pack :) i am a big boy and i have my special place where i can get tons of textures :) anyways if you have some concept art or reference for me to start would be awesome ;)

OK, let me rephrase that: you should get the texture pack to at least see if you could make use of any of them. :wp
For the sake of standardisation, we should try to use shared textures if possible, rather than having unique textures for every different asset.

we should try to use shared textures if possible, rather than having unique textures for every different asset.

Ill correct this little bit: ;) We NEED to use shared textures, rather than having unique textures for every different asset from other users. Shared textures means not "use my one", it means "use team ones". Evertime an artist can create very good and better textures that can replace one in the pack and THIS ONE is from this time the "NEW shared texture". This are two different things!!! Shared textures are major important because the tons of content need ressources and the base calculation of the former Drakes Legacy project (from what the texture base are), have focused 1GB GRAM (2GB better in future (5~years). When every user use own textures, you need 10GB of GRAM and many patience in waiting for a graficcards who have this ;)

Summary: Skilled artists can create very good looking textures. Minimum 2048, better 4096 resolution. This textures can create existing ones and be standard for the others.
Calculate EVERY TIME ALL textures in G-RAM calculation! Bump, specular, pom, diffuse. without Alpha DDS - DXT1 and with Alpha DDS - DXT 5 or DDS - 3DS.

Back