• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help What about Isabella?

drakul88

Landlubber
If i don't meet her once every 2 months, she goes berserker mode and starts pissing me off.
If i attack ships // do something piratish , such as killing someone or trying to get the control of a city, she whines telling me "this is the first time" -- "this is the second time" -- only god knows what will happen at the 3rd time, will she divorce? lawl.
Is it supposed to be a game-over, or what guys? I am getting nothing out of her (beside the censored red text everytime i choose the right sentence), i don't really get the point of this.
And, beside this, quest is still uncompleted.
It's almost 1 year i'm with her, any1 knows if there's a follow up or something like that?

If i don't meet her once every 2 months, she goes berserker mode and starts pissing me off.
If i attack ships // do something piratish , such as killing someone or trying to get the control of a city, she whines telling me "this is the first time" -- "this is the second time" -- only god knows what will happen at the 3rd time, will she divorce? lawl.
Is it supposed to be a game-over, or what guys? I am getting nothing out of her (beside the censored red text everytime i choose the right sentence), i don't really get the point of this.
And, beside this, quest is still uncompleted.
It's almost 1 year i'm with her, any1 knows if there's a follow up or something like that?

The russians proceed to tell there are some benefits from this marriage but on this board no one suceeded to find any. Anyway she is PITA, and yes, if you proceed not to keep your promises she will divorce you.

Aye, fer Fred Bob, me Sir Peter Blood done made de mistake o' heppin' de Gov' recover his ring from de Brothel by gittin' tew close tew one o' de Girls! :facepalm Had tew go back a coupla saves tew stay married! :shrug

A tip i can give is :
meet her every month (or before moving to any quest location), save while you're still in the sea, and then go meet her:
if you killed someone before she may tell you that she heard about it, asking you if those rumors are right.
I don't know if there is a stat that can let she believe you didn't, but i found out that sometimes she forget somehow to tell you that, so u can basically talk to her>>she doesn't mention your kills/sunks >> you give her a jewel >> profit : u had your monthly visit, and she didn't bothered you.
Since i believe that after 3 times she believe those rumors, she wil actually divorce you, then this might late it.
Another thing i'd like to know is, do kills/sunks of quests counts toward those rumors?

I was actually able to stay married to her for over three years - and still am in that game...started another one. I do not see the benefit. I dropped 600k in her maintenance account and have almost gone through the whole thing. She will forgive you after the third time. What I've noticed is that she'll let things slip and believe you rather than give you a warning if your rep is perfect (hero), you have the honest face attribute and you give her buttloads of jewels each time you visit.

I was gone more than 60 days at one point and she was no longer there or wouldn't let me in the house. The quest line added an entry saying I needed to go find her sister. So I go see her sister in Belize and it gives you a couple of options for your excuse for being gone. The one says something to the order of she expects me not to fight, but I have to defend myself when attacked. Anyway she says she will smooth things over with her sister and to go back.

When you get back to San Juan the house is open and she will scold you for being gone so long. Then that basically resets the 3 warnings back to no 1. This has happened to me twice. You can basically keep this going as long as you want provided you don't sleep with barmaids or go into brothels like Fred Bob commented. If you do she will be gone, log says go to see sister in Belize, but sister says she doesn't want anything more to do with you and mentions her knowing about your whoring.

The Isabella quest was great fun, unpredictable, has a great storyline that really gets you around, and has some really challenging combat, but frankly, playing the game around making Isabella happy afterwords takes up too much energy, funds, and I like others don't see the benefits.

One question, has anyone got that special weird looking sword from the Spanish officer you kill in the house when they try to arrest you for her brother's murder? I got it one time, but got killed trying to get out of the city. When I went back to my earlier save and played through again it wasn't there anymore. Didn't get a look at it's stats or name. What is it?

V/R Aaron S.

good thing i've readed all these posts since i was about to start that quest... i'll stick to the governor general... he's easier to please... and pays well... :dance

Would be fun if there was an Evil/Pirate version of Isabella =) *not that i done the quest but might do it after im bored... i just hope i can kill her =p * ... On a side not anyone know where her scrips are? i wanna tinker with it to see if i can have luck in eliminating/Changing those warnings to positives.

Edit* Started the quest just to see.... and she is too darn goody goody for my taste... and the lines that i'm forced so say to her ughh never mind ill just kill her.

Would be fun if there was an Evil/Pirate version of Isabella =) *not that i done the quest but might do it after im bored... i just hope i can kill her =p * ... On a side not anyone know where her scrips are? i wanna tinker with it to see if i can have luck in eliminating/Changing those warnings to positives.

Edit* Started the quest just to see.... and she is too darn goody goody for my taste... and the lines that i'm forced so say to her ughh never mind ill just kill her.

Actually you might just do nothing and after your wedding several thugs will kill her:) But the weird thing is you don't get the house although it should be your heritage.

BTW - if you have a privateer patent is still considered "ship sinking" according to her?

Ha ha ha, I should of read this thread sooner. I had to savescumm several times before I was able to put down the thugs. Now I'm left wondering if it was worth it :facepalm

50,000 a month and I can't privateer? Those are some serious demands. What if I capture a ship, does that still count as a sink? And what if I get attacked and defend myself, does that count as kills too? :facepalm

Someone needs to mod this quest and make it more user friendly, ha ha ha!
Worst of all, the Spanish hate me so I'm going to have to sneak into town and my house every month now. Too bad I can't just put her on the ship and find a new house in a friendly port or just let her live on the ship. :sail

Fred Bob's Blood be givin' his Isabella $500,000 fer starters! :eek:
Since then, she be only usin' 10K per month, so no sweeat fer Blood! :rolleyes:
He jus' takes her scoldin', gives her lots o' gifts, an' small talks wid her an' thangs seem okay! :onya
If'n Blood be takin' care o' Isabella, Isabella den be a takin' care o' ol' Blood! ;)
Must hep stayin' a Hero an' bein' in Admiration wid Spain! :dance

I was hitched to Isabella for a while, but she always seemed to get rather annoyed at me pirating to much, drinking to much, flirtin with the wenches or just me staying away for months on end! Even though I always gave her a lot of cash and fine jewelry. I must say, this is one of the most realistic aspects of the game! xD:

I tried going after Isabelle's sister after she dumped me, I always thought she was more me type anyway, but she would have nothing to do with me! :facepalm

Harr! xD: Thagarr be a meanin' Rosita, ol' Isabella's cousin! :woot

Dear Rosita actually be able tew patch thangs o'er wid Isabella fer Fred Bob's Cap'n Blood! :eek:

So, save outside her house in Belize an' keep reloadin' tell ye gits de outcome ye be a lookin' fer! :doff

Yep Fred Bob is right, it's her cousin! Me memory is a bit faulty sometimes, but she is one hot lil Chiquita! xD:

Wouldn't you be able to change the character model in the StoryCharacters file? :shrug

Too bad there isn't a model viewer to see the all the characters and maybe replace Izzy with someone else ;)

Update: Never mind, I found the GM viewer on here. I'm checking out all the models now :onya

Let me know if you get it figured out Officerpuppy, I'd be glad to play test it for you! :cheeky

You'll have to start a new game for this.

Program/Characters/StoryCharacters

Scroll down till you reach:

//............................. êâåñò Èçàáåëëû ...........................................
makeref(ch,Characters[n]); // Ëþáîâü ïîíèìàøü...
ch.name = xiDStr("Isabella");
ch.lastname = xiDStr("Olevares");
ch.id = "Isabella";
ch.model = "liza";
ch.sex = "woman";
ch.model.animation = "towngirl";

Change "liza" to something else, for example, "AnaDeLeiva" or "CitizenWom_1".

And now just wait to get the quest and see if the model has changed. I changed it to something else and started a new game, I'm still waiting to get the quest to see if the change worked.

Jus' go te Bermuda an' look fer Atila wanderin' de streets, drink wid him, den go visit San Juan tew check out de new Isabella upstairs in her house! :onya

Thanks Officerpuppy! I just put Windows 7 on my machine over the weekend, hadn't got around to reinstalling CoAS yet. It may take a while to get to the quest from a new game though, I'll give it a try and let ya know!

Jus' go te Bermuda an' look fer Atila wanderin' de streets, drink wid him, den go visit San Juan tew check out de new Isabella upstairs in her house! :onya

Sounds like a good moment to save... just in case you wanna check another model...

Back