• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What exactly do I have to download for playing Combined Mod V2?

Cpt. Solo

Landlubber
:gday Ahoy fellow pirates,
I’m new to this forum so first of all: Thank you for the amazing page and for the amazing work on all the mods!!! :bow

I bought COAS only a couple of days ago (even with having read all the negative reviews on some game sites) because I always wanted to have a pirate game. I didn’t know of the AoP Series and the other pirate games before so i did a little research and found that COAS would be the one for me because its considered to be the one with the fewest (is that right? Im not a native speaker :shrug ) bugs.
I didn’t find the time to play it yet but in the meantime I stumbled over your fine piratesAhoy Site and I was stunned of the numerous mods you made for this game. So I want to play the game right from the start with the up to date mods!
Still I got a couple of questions of which I hope you might help me with.
I’ve read nearly every single thread concerning the Combined Mods but as there are so many I got lost in the mass of information :keith

So, to play COAS with nearly all bugs fixed and with some extra content (ships, chars, etc) I have to download either the
Combined Mods Version 2 plus the RTBL patch 2 (to have more realistic combat) or the
Combined Mods Version 2 plus the Vanilla (damn it took some time to find out what “vanilla” means :rolleyes: ) patch 2, is that right?
Doesn’t I have to download the older patch (CM V2 patch 1) for either vanilla or rtbl? Is this first patch for version 2 already included in the second patch?

I have the german version of the game, so do you know if the Coas CM will work for me aswell? I must admit that I don’t have experience in mods and I don’t know if e.g. new names for items or quest texts or whatever you put into that mod do affect my german version? I could absolutely live with a “mixed language” user interface or quest descriptions or whatsoever, I just want to know if the game could mess up when overwriting the “german vanilla” game data with the CM?

In the download section of AoP COAS there are only two mods, wouldn’t it be easier for new members like me to put all of the COAS mods in there, cause it took a while to find out that I had to look into the forum to find the other mods?

That’s all I need to know right now. Im very sorry if there is anything I could have find out by myself by searching the forum but as I already said --- Lots of Info, very confusing;-)

Many Thanks, I appreciate your work and please don’t give up the effort :bow

u can use version 2 without v1 combined mod as far as i know its same as v1 only updated and realistic battle system :onya

Thanks mate!! :onya
I will install the combined mod V2 with the second patch now and just see what happens... I hope it will work for my german edition of the game!! Cant wait to play it :ixi

There's definitly a lot of CoAS modpack confusion going on.
That's why I've time and again requested the people here to, say,
put everything in a sensical way on the CoAS ModDB profile.
And make use of that Downloads section of ours.
But so far my attempts to get them to do it have failed and I'm not going to do it myself.
I already set up the ModDB Profiles for them, now it's up to the others.

Oh... and no post of mine would be complete without saying that our Build Mod for Pirates of the Caribbean
still blows any and all other pirate-game-related modpacks out of the water! :razz
Check our www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons

There's definitly a lot of CoAS modpack confusion going on.
That's why I've time and again requested the people here to, say,
put everything in a sensical way on the CoAS ModDB profile.
And make use of that Downloads section of ours.
But so far my attempts to get them to do it have failed and I'm not going to do it myself.
I already set up the ModDB Profiles for them, now it's up to the others.

xD:
This is true. Modernknight said he would do it but he's been AWOL and Luke159 is on leave so that leaves me, I'll sign up sometime and PM you so you can give me all the details on what to do next. :nk

I'd like to mention then that making use of the ModDB is NOT complicated
and if you keep it simple, it shouldn't be too time-consuming either.
Of course if you're going to do proper marketing, that'll take some more effort,
but that can always be started later when somebody has more time.

Wow,
the game is awesome!!!
I played it the last two days and my expectations were not dissapointed :onya
Though for beginners like me it takes some time to get used to the controls but now, that I know what to do this game rocks!!
Thanks again for your replies and---- of course--- for the mods :bow
For any other owner of the german edition of the game: I didnt know that you have the option to choose which game version you would like to install so I did it in English - and it works great!!
I just had one game crash but it was due to an antivir update, so nevermind that!
There are still a couple of bugs though but they are easy to live with. (e.g. water on the ships deck; many glitches in 1st person mode on board of mod made ships) I probably will post some of the bugs I encountered in the bug tracker section.
But anyway many many Thanks!!!

I just love your work! Now I gotta go and kill some nasty pirates! Yo Ho :cheers

Antivirus update crash? Were you thrown out of the game because of a background process?
But the game still remained active, right? But when you go back into the game, the screen is black?
If that's what happened, try setting the game in windowed mode and you can Alt+Tab in and out of the game too.
It'll all still appear fullscreen if you set your desktop resolution in engine.ini . :yes

Yeah it was a background process of antivir and I immediately got a "bad engine" (I think it said bad engine, not quite sure) error message, so there was no way to open the game again.
I ll try it in windowed mode next time I have the time to play (of which I'm unfortunately not blessed with)
Thanks for the tip Pieter :onya

Back