• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What gives here?

seaturtle

Landlubber
I was in the tavern looking for officers, found two, hired them. There were no other officers in the tavern this particular evening but when I opened F2 there besides the two I hired was this burly guy with no pic.

Whatgiveshere.jpg

I looked in "Characters" and again his pic was missing on the left in passengers but is showing as "Lawrence Beltrop". I did not pay a wage for him nor did I even see him at the tavern ( never seen him at any tavern ). I looked at his ratings and a fighter ( light weapons ) is all he's good for. Certainly not a canonnier for the cannon rate is alright but the accuracy is "1"... :facepalm

OK so I've gotten a free fighter, now the question I have is.........Who the hell is this guy???

Many more glitches like this in CMv3?

He is actually one of the heros in the game, how you got him without actually hiring him is beyond me. :shrug

I had reported a bug similiar to this, where I was Lawrence Beltrop (my fav character due to the wicked animations) and there was a Lawrence Beltrop in the tavern. I found out later that I could have hired him, but failed to report it....my bad. You can actually hire all the heroes if you have the sufficiant stats, and most of them are only good for fighting.

He,He,you mean like this.

Doubleme2.jpg

Doubleme.jpg

Twice now in different taverns I've seen my characters double. Next time I'll ignore the double and move on. :cheeky

Aye, exactly like that. Perhaps it would be best if these errors were reported in the Bug Tracker portion of the forums. It would make it a bit easier for those fixing the bugs to have all of them in the same place :doff

Aye, exactly like that. Perhaps it would be best if these errors were reported in the Bug Tracker portion of the forums. It would make it a bit easier for those fixing the bugs to have all of them in the same place :doff

Thats is very correct and is the reason for the bugs forum. I have also seen my double, pitty i can't kill him. Would make a good way of escaping the bounty hunter's by telling them "no you mean my twine, he's in the tavern at XXX". xD:

Yep I have to say starting new topics on the forum are just going to get lost... Please post on the BUG tracker

It would have to be done in such a way that you could hire duplicates of non-hero type officers, or either that create more npc characters, and have no duplicates available for hire period.
I remember one save i had were i was running around with three fighters who all looked alike...I wish i would have saved the screen shot. They all looked like Oliver Levasseur, but none of them were.
It was neat having my own little clone fighting squad

Back