• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

what mod to use ?

Hi. I'm looking for a stable mod for COAS or maybe TEHO, i own both.
Second criterium to stability would be gameplay improvements.
So what mod to use for a stable game play, ofc the naval combat has to feel good without
anything too weird.

I'm trying to chose between GOF 1 and GOF 2 , is GOF 2 the newest version of GOF 1 and hence more polished and more stable ?
Or are they both just branches (of the same original thing) that grew separately over time ?

I'm trying to chose between GOF 1 and GOF 2 , is GOF 2 the newest version of GOF 1 and hence more polished and more stable ?
From what i know, yes.
At one point GoF 1, because it was unstable, was being remade to be more stable.

For some time, GoF 1 had much more content but wasn't as stable as GoF 2, after a while though GoF 2 had most of the content of GoF 1.
At least that's what i understand.

I can confirm that GOF 2.0 +1.4b patch is quite stable.
You need postprocessing disabled in config for some things to work and you can copy some textures to get
the old compas (with cannon range, you find this in another post here).
In like 30 hours of gameplay, i barely had 2-3 crashes (mostly when it rains, i think it's because the engine doing
being old for todays graphic cards).

Back