• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

what now for POTC?

lukemax

Landlubber
With AOP there MODS for POTC what will happen?

When AOP comes will you realease your things for POTC or hold it and get it into AOP?

The reason i ask is theres a modding team (I forgotten so long ago) that was going to add the seadogs islands and carribeon things.

Any pics of thease new islands yet?

Thx
Lukemax

Personally, I hope that either we continue modding Pirates of the Caribbean, just as we used to (I'd prefer that; I really like PotC) or that we'd be able to move over all our modding to Age of Pirates. I would hate for our PotC modding work to be abandoned. That must now happen!

If there was a way to link the games together, that would be good. However, I would personally like to stick to PotC for a bit.

I believe they've said the codebase will be broadly similar (certainly the same script-execution engine) so porting code shouldn't be _too_ hard...
And the graphics engine they're using is STORM 2.5, an update of POTC's STORM 2.0, so while we may have to export and reimport some models, the way they're dealt with should be pretty similar and the texture format will probably be unchanged.

Back