• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What patches and/or mods essentially fix this game?

Vamphaery

Landlubber
In the case of the original Age of Pirates, there was the "super mod" which corrected a lot of issues with this game, and also included the existing official patches. What are the essential official and unofficial fixes (if any) for City of Abandoned Ships? I'm considering buying the game and would appreciate any information.

The game looks great, but this is Akella after all, so I expect it to be rough around the edges to say the least. Are there enough official/unofficial fixes yet for the game to be largely playable, or is is basically a bug-fest with lots of unfinished quests?

Thanks.

There are bugs as there are with all games including those that are have had many patches released, you can't make the perfect game without at least one bug, anyway i wouldn't say this is bug fested either, of course some quests do have bugs and i can't say which they are ut i can't say i have read about many people having problems on a number of quests due to bugs. I would say the vanilla game is fine but the mods that are been made even though they are small compared to POTC they are improving the game play. Personaly i think you should buy the game after all one day a build will be released for COAS and you can wait till then if you don't like the game at the moment. I think you will like the game though. :onya

Well, if I could play Daggerfall and Morrowind at launch, I guess I can endure whatever bugs this game has in store, right? Lol. Thanks. :) I went ahead and ordered it, because I love sailing games that damn much lol.

Get Jonathan Aldridge's combined mods pack.
It's available from this forum and also on the www.moddb.com

Arrr, matey! :cheeky Dis here CoAS be MUCH less buggy than the original Age of Pirates! :yes

Back