• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What the Hell...

kevinwastaken

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Dutch is my nationality and I'm sitting in my corvette by Tortuga, waiting for these pirate hacks to get lost so I can dock. All of the sudden the message appears "The Spanish have identified you as the enemy!"

Ok....?

Suddenly I'm flying the pirate flag and the fort of Tortuga starts blasting me. I swear, the bugs in this game are surreal sometimes.

(that is a bug right? I hope there is no "feature" that makes you fly a certain flag against your will)

<!--quoteo(post=337888:date=Jul 17 2009, 10:10 PM:name=Dread_Pirate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dread_Pirate @ Jul 17 2009, 10:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337888"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dutch is my nationality and I'm sitting in my corvette by Tortuga, waiting for these pirate hacks to get lost so I can dock. All of the sudden the message appears "The Spanish have identified you as the enemy!"

Ok....?

Suddenly I'm flying the pirate flag and the fort of Tortuga starts blasting me. I swear, the bugs in this game are surreal sometimes.

(that is a bug right? I hope there is no "feature" that makes you fly a certain flag against your will)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i've had that happen twice playing for the english. the one rule in this game is to just reboot and reboot and reboot, and eventually the random craziness goes in your favor. at least half of my completed quests required savescuming, or longer backtracking, or I woudn't have finished even those. look at the good side: if you can beat this game, whatever that actually is, you can claim to have beaten one of the most accidentally and unintentionally difficult games on the market. use the glitches and bugs to your advantage as best you can. after all my bitching, that's proven to be a unique form of satisfaction.

Back