• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What to do with a mod for a release

Rigged

Landlubber
Storm Modder
If I have written a code mod, what to do with it so it can be used in the next realease?

Busy with a mod wich will save the game while on sea (or whereever you are).

cy,
Two Eyed

:nk:modding :ixi :mm:eek:k :dance

Isn't this mod already completed? Save-at-sea? By Pirate_kk?

For implementation, contact Pieter Bolean (main compiler) and Captain Magee (second Compiler)

Indeed we do have Save At Sea now and it seems to work pretty well.
Please check out Build 14 Beta 1 if you have the chance.

That said, your efforts are being much appreciated.
Any fixes and features you have so submit to Build 14, please send them to Captain Magee or post them on the FTP.
At the moment I'm at sea, but when I get back, I'll be more supportive and available again as well.

The save-at-sea system does 'work' but there is one glitch everyone should be aware of; perhaps Two-Eyed's found a solution in the coding to fix it. If you are a direct-sail only person, you've probably experienced this. After sailing a long distance, say, starting from Barbados, you have a very tough and fun sea battle very near to Jamaica. After this battle, you save. Hopefully you will be able to complete your journey without dying or whatever...but if you're like me you sometimes take on too tough of an opponent or run into a mine cuz you are watching TV and sailing at 30x speed not paying attention. Anyway, if and when you do need to load this save, you would appear on the back on the outer edges of Barbados again. So the only solution i found was after such a fight, go to the HighSeas then back to 3d sailing right away, and then making my save. Then the game save registers your actual position on the world map.

@ The_Notorious_P
haven't done that modding, just had the idea to reload to land location (or map) then save. After save reload to sea position.

and yes I am just like you hehe

always forgetting not to kiss mines

:j3
ladies are much better in that anyway

Two Eyed

Are you working on anything else Two Eyed?

Well at the moment I have worked on my own engine. But any requests can be made, and I'll write it or improve/fix it if needed.

Doing my own engine is worth the effort as DX11 is out there nowadays, and stormengine is still DX9. There is a major change between DX9 and 10 wich means that the sourcecode - yeah - needs t be updated entirly to fit but only for new systems.

Back