• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What's supposed to happen after a tavern fight?

MrSparkle

Landlubber
I keep getting NPC not found errors whenever I exit a tavern after a fight. I see it's already been reported, but since this is my first time playing this game, and with combined mod 3.2 installed before ever playing vanilla, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything major with these NPCs not appearing. I can only guess a guard is supposed to appear and warn you or arrest you or something, but I don't know.

AOP 2 is still nowhere near as buggy as AOP 1 even with the supermod. That game is one giant bugfest. I'm very happy I picked this one up, and I almost want to attempt making new faces for NPCs like I used to do for Morrowind (some of which came out quite nice if I do say so myself :))

Dumb question to add: How do you see the loyalty of your officers after they're assigned positions, and how do you raise that loyalty if it's low?

Fights do occasionally happen in taverns. When the dialogue options come up you can insult people. I have killed several Captains in taverns in duels. It was a surprise to me too when it first happened. I had been playing the game for at least 5 or 6 months before the first tavern fight ever occurred for me. :ixi I think the reason this happens is because the character you just killed is no longer in game.

Loyalty is based on your actions or lack of action and your leadership/authority abilities. If the guy you hire is already a swindler or cut throat, then he will hate you if you are a hero. If you are a villain, officers that you hire that are men of honor or heros will hate you. The little blue bar will tell you their loyalty level. If it's light blue all the way across you're in, if dark blue or only a tiny bit of light blue in the bar, they have low loyalty.

MK

For me my tavern fight was from someone cheating at the "bones" dice game. I don't know if those tavern games are vanilla or a mod. I do know after I noticed the AI blatantly cheating, again, I exited the dice game, talked to the NPC this time instead of reloading a saved game, and it gave me an option to accuse him of cheating. A duel followed in the tavern a few lines later. It was good to see that the cheating was a sort of event and not just AI having a crazy advantage due to Success rating or something which made me reload after previous AI cheating.

Loyalty is based on your actions or lack of action and your leadership/authority abilities. If the guy you hire is already a swindler or cut throat, then he will hate you if you are a hero. If you are a villain, officers that you hire that are men of honor or heros will hate you. The little blue bar will tell you their loyalty level. If it's light blue all the way across you're in, if dark blue or only a tiny bit of light blue in the bar, they have low loyalty.

MK

Hmm, I have an officer who has as Loyalty rating of "Bad" when he's not assigned a position, but when I assign him, his blue bar is pretty full and that Loyalty rating disappears entirely. Not all the way, but certainly not "Bad". We are both on the honorable side of spectrum.

This might all have to do with a mod rather than vanilla. After the bugfest that was AOP 1 I didn't want to touch this one without mods.

I have killed men for cheating as well.

I have observed the same on assigning officers to positions. If they are laying about as passengers, often their loyalty declines. If you give them command of a ship their loyalty often goes up very fast and will stay maxed out once there.

I love this game! :rolleyes:

MK

Back