• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Whats the best pirate game out?

The best unmodded pirate game? Maybe. The best modded one? Don't think so... :no
Not after seeing that shocking item trader code from the stock CoAS game. :shock

Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons is the best one by far.
Not entirely finished, but apart from the graphics and some gameplay elements, it does blow the "competition" out of the water! :boom

The best game without mods is Sid Meirs Pirates. Also, potc was pretty good as a stand alone as wel, I played it twice before I installed build 13 and then build 14 after getting it back in April.

Admittedly, I only really know the Storm-engine based pirate games, so I can't speak for any of the others.
However, when I say that PotC + Build Mod is really very good, it isn't just because I'm biased
(which I am to a certain extent), but also because there is a serious amount of truth to it.

If I say the Build Mod is like an entirely new game SERIES, it really wouldn't be too far from the truth.
Build 11 and to a certain extent Build 12 were the original game, but fixed with some good gameplay features added.
Build 13 is like a new game completely, despite the fact that all good things from the original game have been retained.
Build 14, especially when completed, WILL be more than just a new game completely.
The Periods and Storylines mods alone would take care of that and there's sooo much more than that.

oh no! I know that build 14 is fantastic! (hence why us guys on the CM team wanna steal it...xD:)

Funnily enough, us guys on the PotC Build Mod team WANT you to steal it! :razz

Back