• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Whats the best pirate game out?

bleef

Landlubber
Which one has the most features and gameplay. replay value. less bugs? Any recommendations would be great!! Just looking to see which game I should get im in a pirate mood :). Thanks :onya

but the fact that it was designed, then re-designed, to be un-modable forces it into permanent has-been status (by design).

Say what?
laugh.gif

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Ah, you mean the game that "could have been a contender"

but the fact that it was designed, then re-designed, to be un-modable forces it into permanent has-been status (by design).

I find that this game was much better on the first nintendo. When i started playing the game on the pc i didnt realise that it was remade from the nintendo version.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

I find that this game was much better on the first nintendo. When i started playing the game on the pc i didnt realise that it was remade from the nintendo version.
:rofl which was a remake from the Commadore 64 version.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

I really enjoyed playing that game on my Commodore64. And it was far far more reliable than anything I have played lately.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

I really enjoyed playing that game on my Commodore64. And it was far far more reliable than anything I have played lately.

OMG You guys weren't pullin my leg?! It really was on Commodore64?! LMAO!

I remember when the game got glitched up once, and my brig was trapped inside an inland lake and I could get out, so I had to save an earlier game. Good times!

Commodore 64 and Atari 800 versions both came out about the same time. Then there was a remake done for the Amiga and Atari ST machines.

Sid Meier's Pirates has been written for basically every mainstream system around at one time or another.

Cap'n Drow

Apparently they are making a Wii reboot!
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ahoy-ye-mateys-2k-games-announces-sid-meiers-piratestm-setting-sail-for-wiitm-system-this-fall-2010-05-04?reflink=MW_news_stmp

I used to have SMP, it was a fun game but it seemed a bit repetitive to me torwards the end, felt like I always fighting the same pirate and when you beat it, that's it. There isn't a lot of reliability, unless there was more to the game which I missed. And modding it wasn't easy. I remember wanting to try to change the flags of Spain and had a hard time going about it.

Ascaron used to make pretty cool Pirate games too, Patrician (not really pirate, but seafaring), Port Royale and Port Royale 2, Tortuga: Pirates of the New World (also called Pirate Hunter), and Tortuga: Two Treasures.

I am also subscribed to Disney's MMO Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

PotC online isnt even funny anymore for me as i'm never gonna pay for it.

if you start it, its funny untill you get to the level cap and have done all the f2p quest, after that there is nothing to do for you.

On this note... potc has been, and always shall be my favorite.

What's the latest mod for it now? I haven't played in a long time. :shrug

Been out of the forums here too.:(

PotC Build Mod 14 Beta 1 + Patch 1.
Have a look at our ModDB Profile: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons

POTCO is only fun if you subscribe. They made a major change though, new ships, new quests, new graphics, new weapons, and a customizable inventory!

Age Of Pirates 2 is the best pirate game out there...

Heck, 'I' even paid for it...so that has to say something :rofl:

Back