• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What's the latest project news around here?

Noriruru

Freebooter
Hey guys what's happening around here? Last I heard from folks around here you guys were taking time from ship/character making in order to finalize the Build 14 mod. How's that going? I'm still eagerly awaiting some of the new ships people were working on but it's impossible to find out anything about how projects are coming along on the forums as most posts can be over a month old so I don't know what the progress on any of the ships I'm waiting on are, rather they're near completion or actually launched already or if they were scrapped.

A good example of this was the Raa Frigate which I heard practically nothing on in the forums and only found out that it actually WAS launched for the Gentleman of Fortune for (for CoAS I believe) from a chance youtube clip I found of it battling the HMS Surprise I believe therefore I downloaded GoF and made my own PotC version of it.

I'm just wondering if there's a better way of tracking the progress of ships I am eagerly awaiting without seemingly beating people over the head with progress requests, which it feels like I'm doing for which I apologize if anyone is getting annoyed by it (last thing I want to be is a troll).

I myself am hoping to recover some of the PotBS ships lost to some of the really lame decisions made by FLS in particular the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde and Remus77 Christianus/Trinity.

The Remus ship I know we only just recently got and I'm not sure if anybody's really taken a hard look at yet, but the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde has been in the works for 2 or 3 months now (and the pics look really good). I understand that the one who's working on the ship, Demski faces a lot of technical challenges due to his location but the last post on that thread was over a month ago and was made by myself so I have no idea what's going on there (If it's still in the works, scrapped or even completed and just not announced).

All in all, what's the latest on ships, the build mod, or whatever your current project is?

What is the RAA? You have converted it to POTC? Would you be interested in sharing that ship with others? Do you know how to convert ships from COAS to POTC? Would you be interested in converting other ships from COAS to POTC? :wp

There are many ships that never got converted that need to be converted, but we only have one person who can do it. :bow

The Raa (AKA Rae) Frigate is a ship from Pirates of the burning sea ported to PotC and CoAS model format by Jack Harrison, Armada and a few others but was appearantly only released for CoAS.

As for sharing my PotC conversion, Certainly.

However my conversion is crude and was for the older build 13 that I'm using until build 14 is a bit more stable. However I could try to make a B14 version.

As for sharing my PotC conversion, Certainly.

However my conversion is crude and was for the older build 13 that I'm using until build 14 is a bit more stable. However I could try to make a B14 version.

That would be great if you could convert her for build 14! If you havent tried it yet, I would recommend updating to b14. I find B14 to be alot more stable than B13, but I guess it depends on your system/computer. :shrug

Ok I have made a rough B14 conversion for the raa however my FTP Commander program doesn't want to connect for some reason so I'm having trouble uploading it.

Have there been any changes to the FTP Commander as of late?

Have you read this thread? http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/

There have been some changes discussed on the last 2 pages or so of that thread.

The RAA has already been converted? What other ships have already been converted?

Oh, about B14. Build 13 was not very stable for me and crashed a lot, but the early build 14 was even worse. I'm currently playing build 14 patch 7-2 WIP with the latest tweaks, and it is about 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than it was a year ago. :doff

Excellent! Problem solved. Just finished uploading my conversion to my FTP (Model and Textures included).

My conversion may be a bit on the crude side so if anyone wishes to make adjustments by all means do so.

Be sure to thank Jack Harrison, Armada, and anyone else who may have been involved for the model work.

So what else has been going on?

The only reason I've held back the Raa for PotC is because of the horrendous third-person camera positioning she has, due to the added height of the foremast attached to the hull model.
That can be a real problem for some people, as Hylie knows from experience, especially with widescreen resolutions used to play the game.
What needs doing is to separate the foremast section from the hull model and attach it using locators instead, but this has proven to be almost impossible right now.
The model just doesn't cooperate well with TOOL or the OBJ export into Maya, so really I need the original Maya files from Jack Harrison to fix it.
His recent absence has obviously made this much more difficult to fix. :modding

Anyway, in other news, the Build is nearly ready for its Beta 2 release, expected in November upon Pieter's return home.
This will be the next all-in-one version, which allows a clean install and a more stable base for modders to work with.

And as for ship updates, take a look at the Black Pearl and QAR Progress thread, which features a rather extensive project regarding two new models from Bonjourmonami.
For a snapshot of a project I've nearly finished, look at the new Corvette V.2 thread, which details a major facelift for the PotC stock Corvette.
You might also like to hear that Nightwatcher's model of the English galleon Revenge has been released for CoAS, and Hylie is hard at work trying to do the conversion for PotC.
There are a few other projects slowly making progress, and I don't have time to list them all, but clearly work has come to a standstill for Jack Harrison's ships at the moment.

Yeah I DID notice that forward mast which is always attached to the main hull. I take it that was not intended.

So then the Raa is still in prototype form. I see.

Was the Raa's release for GoF intended?

Anyhow thanks for the project updates, as well the Raa prototype there armada. Keep up the good work.

With pirates of the burning sea's continued downward spiral into loonacy and ever degrading quality, the future of good age of sail combat may very well rest with the fine folks here at pirates ahoy. :doff

What is the RAA? You have converted it to POTC? Would you be interested in sharing that ship with others? Do you know how to convert ships from COAS to POTC? Would you be interested in converting other ships from COAS to POTC? :wp

There are many ships that never got converted that need to be converted, but we only have one person who can do it. :bow

Hylie,

The you tube videos he talked about are mine. This is the Raa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0HzX2pvKEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSIh8MTY6Ec&feature=related

MK

Back