• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What's with rum?

Mat

Landlubber
I'm playing 3.1.5 mod and I see that next to the food there's a rum in a ship window. Does it have influence on morale or something?

Not only does Rum increase crew morale, it allows you to control crew morale to some extent.

In your cabin or just about anywhere on foot, you can 'speak aloud' and change the rum ration. Your choices are half, normal and double. Based upon my observations, at normal rations, the crew morale will be more or less stable. At double, it will slowly increase, and at half it will slowly decrease.

You can also increase crew morale by giving them money (in the ship info window) or by entering a brothel and 'buying in bulk.'

Also, from what I have seen during my own experiences with the game, winning battles and finding treasure increases crew morale slightly.

One thing to note too is that if your ship is overloaded beyond max capacity, even with double rum rations, your crew morale will slowly begin to fall until you get closer to your normal crew size again.

Back