• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What's wrong?

Aerilon

Powder Monkey
Hey guys,
just installed Patch 6, and *____* savegames incompatible. Okay, no problem, i started a new game. Wanted to do so anyways.
So...after some hours of playing i wanted to change some options.
I went to F1 -> Options -> Advanced. I changed The Shipyard Realism and Ship restriction. I set it to "Sell all type of ships" and "No additional limitations". I closed the game, i restarted, i pressed F11 for this reloading or whatever.
But the best things i get offered in the shipyards are class 6 Xebecs etc. For the british i am a Vice-Admiral, so i have 400+ reputation points, i am level 35 or 36 or so and my wallet is doing pretty well....so what's the problem?
Even starting a new game after the changes, did not solved my problems. Same issue...
Before i had installed Patch 6 i knew that the ship yards offered me 104Gun 1st Class ships or 2nd Rate Ships of the Line etc.

Adíos

yeah I think it's bugged.
I put the same options so I could buy any ship and all I see
are mostly brigs sloops and about 4 luggers every time.

Exactly....just those crap. I also tried all other combinationa because i thought maybe the text in the options is just wrong and instead of getting rid of the limitations, i set them!? But didn't worked either.
Furthermore since i installed patch 6 the games crashes like permanently. But just when i HIT a button. For example when i hit space to shoot, or when i click on a "yes" or when i hit enter for quick travelling. there is like a 50% chance for crashing. But just by interactions with buttons. But no movement buttons.
I didn't had those issues with Patch 5. I never used quick save function that often in any game before :D

that does not sound right.
you might need to reinstall.
Did you run rename.bat?

Get a second opinion before
reinstalling though.

Yes of course i used the rename.bat. I think i will do the reinstall now and look if any of the problems get solved. Of course i will keep you in the loop if it works, or not.

Okay, i unistalled the game, pc restart, reinstalled B14 Beta1,then runme.bat, pc restart, then i installed patch 6, rename.bat, pc restart, then i changed the options, then i tried to start a new game. i choosed the standard story, but i choosed the last dialogue option so i can play freemode. then the loading screen appears which says "Shore" and then, when it stops loading and the game should appear i am back on desktop, and this time withot a failure notice or whatever. the game just stops....*____*
I'm done with that ******. I will go to bed now and try again tomorrow.....dang...."Never touch a running system". I prefer a crashing game than no game :(
Good night fellas!

That sucks, man. I have no idea why that would happen on a clean install.
It shouldn't happen. I hope someone more knowledgeable than I can help you.

while your help is appreciated, i wouldn't recommend giving advice to players just yet unless your problem is identical to theirs. i'm noticing you're often giving the wrong advice since you don't know the bugs inside out yet, making things needlessly complicated for them.

are you forbidden from buying large ships, or are they not in the shipyard at all? if it's the last problem, then that's simply because there aren't any for sale at that time, possible because the shipyard isn't big enough to build them in the first place. you need a place like port royal to get the big ones.

Yes, they are not offered at all. But I activated it in the options. So it should be. No, even the Port Royal shipyard is offering me Luggers and Xebecs as largest ship type. I know for sure that it worked in Patch 5. The problem appeard after installing Patch 6. So either it is a bug, or this time some other option changins are to do to make it work.

it could be that if you turned off the feature that makes shipyards only offer ships that match the player's level, that switch just doesn't work anymore. meaning that it's still offering ships that you should be able to buy at your level instead of all of them.

What do your logs say? There might be some clues there.

Usually when it crashes there it means the game is looking for something that is not there. So. What would do that? :nerbz

There are two versions of Patch6, light and full. You would be wanting to use Full.

Sometimes bad downloads happen. It has happened to me.

There is a bug in there somewhere where POTC is looking for a ship that is not there, but it will take a coder to root that problem out. I could not find it. That causes a very rare ctd. When that happens to me I restart and don't see it again for a week or so.

Umm, you didn't install ENB or Swiftshader I hope?

Oh, the shipyard thing? It works ok for me. :shrug

One of the biggest issues i'm beginning to see is that as we make changes in the beta stage of things, often you will require a complete restart of your game, if not you will end up seeing weird issues, odd controls, broken stuff etc. F11 is not enough in these situations, so it might be that the functions that have changed between pathces are just not compatible with your running game from the earlier patch?

And as a level 8-10 char i get all sorts of ships offered to me in the shipyards(not military ones or class 1 iirc), even at levels 4-6 i see a large increase in the range/class of ships available to me compared to game start.

while your help is appreciated, i wouldn't recommend giving advice to players just yet unless your problem is identical to theirs. i'm noticing you're often giving the wrong advice since you don't know the bugs inside out yet, making things needlessly complicated for them.

Oh really? How often exactly do I give people the wrong advice?
How many times have I done it?

Try visiting the shipyards again in a couple of days; the selection changes occasionally.

Odd, it does sound like a bug, I don't know about this myself since I normally put a couple of restrictions on the shipyard anyways, but I'll check it out myself if I get time to do so.

Okay, I uninstalled the game and I deleted any registry entry related to it I could find. Then I reinstalled the game and ta-da, at least the shipyard issue is fixed. Of course I had to start a new game.
Until now I just played for like 45 minutes and no CTD occured so far. So there is no crash log I could show to you. If the game should crash again (which I hope does not happen!!!) I will look into the crash log and share the content with you.
So far...

Edit:
...so good...okay. After 4 hours of playing the first CTD occured. The following situation:
I was fighting with a Pirate Ship which I encountered on high seas. I'm using the standard sea map, so no 3d direct sailing mode.
The ship surrendered and I started boarding, had a fight with the captain of the ship and then I was in the Looting Menu or Ship-Swap-Menu or you name it^^
So I took some crew from the ship, got the cargo and was fine and clicked on the X. "You want to leave this ship?" "Yes"..*click* CTD!
So, just like before CTD just happens when i either CLICK or PUSH a button. CTD does not occure out of nothing, it's always in relation to an made action.
Furthermore I wanted to show you the error log (if something like that exist) but i couldn't find it, where is it?

if you say it's always related to a made action, you are right. there's no specific action though. i've had it when initiating dialogue and at quest updates too. the action that causes it seems random.

Back