• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where I can download 1.03 patch?

Thanks, @AkrimalS and @fjx, but I believe I have what I need now, apart perhaps from some more translations into English. The difficult part is going to be getting the new quest to work alongside what is already in "New Horizons", including what has already been done to "Tales of a Sea Hawk" plus the "Sabine Matton" sidequest. It may be necessary to disable "Night's Craft" if the player has already completed "Sabine Matton", or disable "Sabine Matton" when "Night's Craft" starts.

It may be necessary to disable "Night's Craft" if the player has already completed "Sabine Matton" or disable "Sabine Matton" when "Night's Craft" starts.
Or maybe turn the "Sabine Matton" quest into some other character's in a different colony altogether. Where does it originally come from, by the way? Wasn't it supposed to be included in the stock game originally?

Thanks, @AkrimalS and @fjx, but I believe I have what I need now, apart perhaps from some more translations into English. The difficult part is going to be getting the new quest to work alongside what is already in "New Horizons", including what has already been done to "Tales of a Sea Hawk" plus the "Sabine Matton" sidequest. It may be necessary to disable "Night's Craft" if the player has already completed "Sabine Matton", or disable "Sabine Matton" when "Night's Craft" starts.
This quest should be after Raoul Rhames' quest. Here's the walkthrough, you can simply put it into the translator.

Or maybe turn the "Sabine Matton" quest into some other character's in a different colony altogether. Where does it originally come from, by the way? Wasn't it supposed to be included in the stock game originally?
That's not happening. While the quest may have originated in the stock game, it's been worked on by other modders to improve both it and the associated "Baldewyn Coffier" quest, and I'm not going to throw all that away!

This quest should be after Raoul Rhames' quest.
Yes, I found the quest code. "New Horizons" has renamed the smuggler leader to Desmond Ray Beltrop, including changing the character's ID, so all references to "Camilo Machado" will need to be changed to "Desmond Ray Beltrop". A lot of other things need to be modified to fit in with "New Horizons", too.

Here is the Russian and English version! This quest is located somewhere at the end and has 63 lines. If something is spelled incorrectly, correct it.
In the English text file, there's another new quest besides Night's Craft, I think. The last pages refer to #QUESTpirate_line, which I haven't seen in the English stock game either.

In the English text file, there's another new quest besides Night's Craft, I think. The last pages refer to #QUESTpirate_line, which I haven't seen in the English stock game either.
Yes, I saw it too, something connected with the capture of the Black Pearl.

Any reference to Danielle needs to be a placeholder, as does any "she". That's because "New Horizons" allows you full choice of your own character, and if you play as a female, you'll meet Nathaniel instead. (The storyline text even suggests that you can play as Danielle.) It won't mean changing the character - if you play as female, character "Danielle" is renamed to Nathaniel Hawk, given one of the "Blaze" models and changed to male. But it does mean that when quest code calls for questbook lines 14 or 15, it will need some "Preprocessor_AddQuestData" lines to fill in the placeholders.
Is it possible to play the Nathaniel storyline as Danielle? Then I will need to edit all the dialogue and quests so that they are suitable for a female and male character. Including this file that I uploaded. Two genders in one text is a problem for the Russian language and you have to use different words to get out of it. The problem is that if you change #sDanielle#, then the proposal will also change completely. In such cases, it is easier to create separate lines in the quest log for Nathaniel and Danielle for this: text.t14 and text.t15 - if you do this, I will be grateful.

In addition, in lines 25 and 31 you missed the name of the island #sisland_Douwesen#.
And here is a new sentence with a small letter, but for some reason it was in standard Russian dialogue.
text.t21=Arnaud said he had no money and was on the verge of bankruptcy and I believed him. hopefully Beltrop won't be too mad at me for such a decision?

Attachments

• smuggler_line.ru.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 15
Is it possible to play the Nathaniel storyline as Danielle? Then I will need to edit all the dialogue and quests so that they are suitable for a female and male character. Including this file that I uploaded. Two genders in one text is a problem for the Russian language and you have to use different words to get out of it. The problem is that if you change #sDanielle#, then the proposal will also change completely. In such cases, it is easier to create separate lines in the quest log for Nathaniel and Danielle for this: text.t14 and text.t15 - if you do this, I will be grateful.
Yes, it is possible to play the whole "Tales of a Sea Hawk" storyline as Danielle, or any other character of your choice, male or female. Dialog and questbook files have a lot of preprocessed variables to account for that.

In addition, in lines 25 and 31 you missed the name of the island #sisland_Douwesen#.
And here is a new sentence with a small letter, but for some reason it was in standard Russian dialogue.
text.t21=Arnaud said he had no money and was on the verge of bankruptcy and I believed him. hopefully Beltrop won't be too mad at me for such a decision?
The reason I missed Douwesen was that it was written as "Duvezen" and I didn't recognise it! I've corrected it, and "Hopefully", in the attached English "smuggler_line.txt". It also has "she" and "her" changed to preprocessed variables, and I've added lines into "quests_reaction.c" to fill them in using 'XI_ConvertString(GetMyPronounSubj(CharacterFromID("Danielle")))' and 'XI_ConvertString(GetMyPronounPossessive(CharacterFromID("Danielle")))'. That has to be enough to allow choice of male or female characters, otherwise the rest of "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and all of "Ardent" won't work.

Also attached is Russian "pirate_line.txt", converted into "New Horizons" format. There is only one place name which needs to be changed - Khael Roa should now be "#sisland_Khael Roa#". Please check that I got the right line for the title.

Attachments

• smuggler_line.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 17
  • pirate_line.txt
    1,019 bytes · Views: 16
Yes, it is possible to play the whole "Tales of a Sea Hawk" storyline as Danielle, or any other character of your choice, male or female. Dialog and questbook files have a lot of preprocessed variables to account for that.

The reason I missed Douwesen was that it was written as "Duvezen" and I didn't recognise it! I've corrected it, and "Hopefully", in the attached English "smuggler_line.txt". It also has "she" and "her" changed to preprocessed variables, and I've added lines into "quests_reaction.c" to fill them in using 'XI_ConvertString(GetMyPronounSubj(CharacterFromID("Danielle")))' and 'XI_ConvertString(GetMyPronounPossessive(CharacterFromID("Danielle")))'. That has to be enough to allow choice of male or female characters, otherwise the rest of "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and all of "Ardent" won't work.

Also attached is Russian "pirate_line.txt", converted into "New Horizons" format. There is only one place name which needs to be changed - Khael Roa should now be "#sisland_Khael Roa#". Please check that I got the right line for the title.
The text is not readable, I don’t know why, probably because of the encoding. I remade it into a Russian version.

Attachments

• 1704821116797.png
    1704821116797.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 17
  • pirate_lineRu.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 17
Sorry, I forgot to save it in ANSI encoding. What you see in that screenshot is what I always see when looking at the Russian files.

Your version is also in UTF-8, which looks better when editing but which won't work in Build 14. Attached is an ANSI version of the Russian file which I made.

Attachments

• pirate_line.txt
    601 bytes · Views: 16
Sorry, I forgot to save it in ANSI encoding. What you see in that screenshot is what I always see when looking at the Russian files.

Your version is also in UTF-8, which looks better when editing but which won't work in Build 14. Attached is an ANSI version of the Russian file which I made.
Strange, I probably also forgot to do the encoding, although I wanted to. Here is a more correct option.

Attachments

• pirate_lineRu.txt
    653 bytes · Views: 16
Also attached is Russian "pirate_line.txt", converted into "New Horizons" format.
So will capturing the "Black Pearl" quest also be added to NH?
That's not happening. While the quest may have originated in the stock game, it's been worked on by other modders to improve both it and the associated "Baldewyn Coffier" quest, and I'm not going to throw all that away!
Fair enough, I appreciate you sharing your perspective.

So will capturing the "Black Pearl" quest also be added to NH?
Probably not since you have already probably captured the 'Black Pearl' simply by boarding it during the battle at Cozumel.

Probably not since you have already probably captured the 'Black Pearl' simply by boarding it during the battle at Cozumel.
Nevertheless, it would be nice to have an option of giving the ship to the pirate leader since the quest code, dialogs and questbook entries are already present in the patch.

In version 1.03, the head of the pirates is Jack Sparrow. In the end, we give the ship to him.
That's a very cool tie-in! I wonder why it wasn't included in the English version.
Or why the patch 1.03 wasn't translated in the first place?

That's a very cool tie-in! I wonder why it wasn't included in the English version.
I think it was @Artess999 who explained that apparently Johnny Depp's lawyers objected to him showing up in the game.
Dunno why.
He's very much there in Legend of Jack Sparrow.

I think this story can be remade. Cutler Beckett will replace the head of the pirates, as well as 'Wicked Wench' instead of the 'Black Pearl'. I haven't found any information about where it came from the East India Company, so we can come up with something. Either this is the theft of a ship from a skeleton that is located on Isla de Muerte, or from some nation.

I think it was @Artess999 who explained that apparently Johnny Depp's lawyers objected to him showing up in the game.
Dunno why.
He's very much there in Legend of Jack Sparrow.
He made it into the Russian version though... (and maybe Polish as well, I still need to test the patch myself)

Enabling the quest to give Jack Sparrow his beloved "Black Pearl" back would be a very nice touch, especially having the whole quest already prepared as I mentioned above.

I think this story can be remade. Cutler Beckett will replace the head of the pirates, as well as 'Wicked Wench' instead of the 'Black Pearl'. I haven't found any information about where it came from the East India Company, so we can come up with something. Either this is the theft of a ship from a skeleton that is located on Isla de Muerte, or from some nation.
In The Price of Freedom novel, the Wench is mentioned as being a somewhat neglected EITC ship before Jack gets command of her.

Doesn't make much sense to make her the Wench though.
The Nathaniel Hawk storyline clearly takes place after Barbossa's Mutiny.
But that time, she's already the Pearl.

He made it into the Russian version though... (and maybe Polish as well, I still need to test the patch myself)
I assume they figured nobody would care about the Eastern European releases.

Back