• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where is Oranjestad?

James Lionheart

Landlubber
I know this is a silly question, but I've been circling Aruba a lot of times, and I still can't find Oranjestad. I tried finding an Aruba map in the nearby ports, but there were none. I took a quest from a store owner who asked me to deliver something to Oranjestad's store owner. I already know where the two southern locations are, but I still can't find Oranjestad. I would really be grateful to anyone who could point me in the right direction.

Which version of the game are you playing? Which period are you playing - what year is it in your game?

That explains it. There are some bugs in the so-called "Final" version, which is not the latest, and this is one of them. Oranjestad doesn't exist in "Early Explorers" but storekeepers can still create quests to send you there.

There's an update here:
url]https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey%20Roger/post_1Jan_updates_211222.zip[/url]

It fixes this bug, among others, though you'd need to install the update and then start a new game.

Can you upload a savegame? I might be able to do some trickery to cancel the quest without you needing to install the update.

This is my latest save. I also noticed that the latest mod version tends to crash during some boarding fights, entering certain ship and port locations, etc. Does that update also fix some crash issues?

Attachments

• -=James Lioneheart=- QuickSave 189.rar
    692.2 KB · Views: 47
Try this. It's saved on the beach which replaces Oranjestad in "Early Explorers". I've cancelled the delivery quest and removed the questbook.

If you don't install the update, storekeepers may still try to send you to Oranjestad or Pointe a Pitre, neither of which exist in "Early Explorers". Refuse any such offers otherwise you'll be stuck with another impossible quest.

I also noticed that the latest mod version tends to crash during some boarding fights, entering certain ship and port locations, etc. Does that update also fix some crash issues?
There used to be a problem whereby the game would crash if you boarded an enemy ship and looted either corpses or chests, but that was fixed years ago and I haven't seen it since. The only crashes I sometimes see are in Santiago port and Tortuga port, possibly due to the size of the locations and the number of people there, so I routinely save game immediately after arriving at either one.

You have a lot of extra crew with you. They could be the cause of some of the crashes, though I don't think they show up during boarding so they shouldn't affect that. You probably ought to get rid of them anyway because they definitely cause other problems. They cause extra attacks on land and extra brawls in taverns, both of which can mess up quests.

The record shows that you started as a gambler. Gamble with people sitting in taverns. Visit the gaming house in Cartagena. Eventually one of your opponents is going to offer a special game. Do not kill him! (And don't get into a tavern brawl. This is part of the reason why you don't want extra crew.) As a gambler, you can then get a special quest.

Attachments

• -=James Lioneheart=- Aruba. Sandy Beach. April 6th, 1561 1.zip
    964.8 KB · Views: 38
Back