• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Where is Pieter?"

Yep, that's my ship. Won't show the position without being logged into that site though, apparently. :facepalm

Registration can't take a minute.

I do wonder at the sources of information though. I think you have a spy on board, Pieter!

Might be the Automated Identification System (AIS) that sends out our present position, course and speed all the time.
That's done on a VHF frequency though, so wouldn't work when we're in the middle of the Atlantic.
But for the coming four months, we'll be coasting along in Middle America anyway.

That's quite a nice ship you are on, Pieter. If y'all ever need any radios, let me know. I've worked on the skwak boxes of half the dinghys in the US Navy.

Skwak boxes? What're those? :shock
According to the other officers here, our handheld VHFs aren't the best.
Having never used any others in my life, I can neither confirm nor deny that. :shrug

Skwak boxes? What're those? :shock
According to the other officers here, our handheld VHFs aren't the best.
Having never used any others in my life, I can neither confirm nor deny that. :shrug

Skwak boxes... Guess its an American thing. Radios.

Handheld VHFs are notoriously bad. 30 MHz is ten meters. I doubt your antennas are that long. If your bands are not too big, I can probably wind an antenna to increase your range significantly.

Since we're on the subject of stalking Pieter, we should put the Maasdam into the Build mod as an easter egg :p

Haha I like the idea but it would be one of those easter eggs that we would want to nearly be impossible to find :yes

That'd be a lot of trouble to go through for such a hard-to-find, elusive, weird and too-much-honour-for-me kind of easter egg! :eek:gg
If someone DOES want to model the Maasdam, do it for Virtual Sailor!
Or make the Zuiderdam: the ship I was a cadet on.

Make it a large pleasure yacht for a visiting Central European Prince - like everybody's favorite - Moldavia.

Crew of 200, all porters - very colorfull

Back