• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where is the original war fleut ?

agoria

Powder Monkey
Hi,
I'm pretty sure that the mod used to have the war fleut (and maybe the heavy war fleut too).
It had the same shape than the regular fleut, and when I search it now, I have only the "light war fleut" with 34 guns. It is the same but with less guns and a different skin.
1376683015-untitled.png

I think it has been replaced with the fluyt of war, but it has a very different shape, and I don't like it (the one on the second pic). I'd like to have the original war fleut like before. Is it possible ?
1376682681-untitled.png

Isn't that the "FleutWar"? She's listed in-game as "Light Fluyt-of-War" but she's the same ship.
And she's still got those added cannons. :yes

The pics are from my game.
I tried all the ships with "fleut" in their name in the ship_init file, and I spawned them with the console.
I found the fleutwar, listed ingame as "light fluyt of war", it is the blue one on the first screenshot.
But I think that in previous versions of the mod, there were a fluyt more powerful than the light fluyt of war (but with the same model). There were the heavy fluyt and the fluyt of war.
But in the last mod version, I didn't find them, I only find the light fluyt of war and a very different fluyt of war (second pic).
The original heavy fluyt and the fluyt of war had the same model than the blue one with different skin and more canons (40+).
I think that the model has been replaced with the one in the second picture. :(

The "FleutWar" model is the one that had extra guns added to it. You can still tell, because those guns are part of the "_deck.gm" file instead of the main hull GM file.
It could be that her ships_init.c stats were changed to be more believable, but the model remained the same.
Compare to the "Fleut1" or "Fleut2" which have only one row of cannons vs. two rows of cannons on your first screenshot.
There was never a ship based on the original game's fleut with more cannons than 34.

Other ships based on that fleut are the PO_Fleut50 and NL_Fleut50. They do have additional cannons, but only up to 30.
The "FleutWar" still has the most. :shrug

Maybe I'm confused because I used to play Gentleman of Fortune a long time ago...
So the model is the same, if you tell me, I trust you.

Are you possibly thinking of the pinnace of war? There are versions of that ship with up to 84 guns.

I don't think so, I know the difference between pinnace model and fleut model. Even if pinnace model is sometimes used for ships called "fleut" in ships_init.
I think I saw the more powerful ships using fleut model with different texture it in the 2.1 version.
I'll try to spawn all the fleut with this version, when I find the time.
If there is not, I guess that it was in AOP 2 GOF.

Back