• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where to Download POTC Sea Dogs 2?

Aki90

Landlubber
tried and searched through all the internet with no luck, any clues where I can download this game? just reminisced the good old days in 2003 when I played it, and wanted to give it a try once again, feel the amazing music that all the other new versions now lacks. Heard that it's no longer available online due to copyright issues, but anyone might have a file or a torrent maybe? apologies in advance if I'm violating any forum rules or something, this is my first post ever here, hope anyone can help me out, thanks in advance!

tried and searched through all the internet with no luck, any clues where I can download this game? just reminisced the good old days in 2003 when I played it, and wanted to give it a try once again, feel the amazing music that all the other new versions now lacks. Heard that it's no longer available online due to copyright issues, but anyone might have a file or a torrent maybe? apologies in advance if I'm violating any forum rules or something, this is my first post ever here, hope anyone can help me out, thanks in advance!

thanks so much mate! any advice on how to mod it? tried with a moddb file but it ruined the game and had to uninstall it, now I'm having issues with cd 1 and 2 and stuff (when finish the setup asks for cd1, I mount it but nothing happens) so when I install it would like to make it look better, the few minutes I played the character moved like in slow-motion, the sea was white (pasted the sea fix .dll)
any help would be appreciated!

The mod to bring Seadogs2 / Pirates of the Caribbean up to Build 14: New Horizons can be found here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Gamma Version [Last update: 12th January 2024]
Reinstall the basic game from CD's. then install this mod onto it.

Alternatively, there's a completely free, newer version, Build 15: Beyond New Horizons, available here:
Beyond New Horizons by Hammie
thanks a lot for the information! both are standalone versions? I mean, I can independently install b14 or b15? or I must install b14 first, then b15?

The two are completely separate. For B14, you must first install the original Seadogs2 / Pirates of the Caribbean, then install B14. B15 is standalone, you don't need to install any other version of PoTC. And you definitely don't install B15 onto B14.

But if you do have original Seadogs2 / Pirates of the Caribbean, you could install B14 into one folder. And you could install B15 into a different folder. Then you could try both versions. Just don't try to mix them!

The two are completely separate. For B14, you must first install the original Seadogs2 / Pirates of the Caribbean, then install B14. B15 is standalone, you don't need to install any other version of PoTC. And you definitely don't install B15 onto B14.

But if you do have original Seadogs2 / Pirates of the Caribbean, you could install B14 into one folder. And you could install B15 into a different folder. Then you could try both versions. Just don't try to mix them!
In terms of stability, the B15 is better and has less crashes. But there is a significant minus for me - there are completely no waves in the storm and, in principle, in the game. It is not known when this will be fixed. And also, if you are not playing in the default localization, then the voice acting disappears (in my case, Russian) - it always seems to be English.
Another thing is that there is a version of Maelstrom that they worked very well on and has many new features. The only disadvantage of this version is the engine, which you need to buy for $12.

Back