• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Where to find the Aspect Ratio values in SDTEHO?

Black Sam Bellamy

Sailor Apprentice
Can someone of you perhaps tell me where to find the Aspect Ratio values in SDTEHO. I bought an Asus PB328Q 32 inch Monitor which has a widescreen resolution of 2560 x 1440 and because SDTEHO is supporting that, i would like to know in which file of which folder i could read the Aspect Ratio values, to use them for CoAS. The files and folders should be equal for that in both games if i´m not mistaken.

http://www.amazon.com/PB328Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B00XI4PAD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460268118&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+pb328q

You already asked this question in another thread.
There is no need to double up.

Also, despite my familiarity with the Storm engine, I have no clue what your question even means.
Aspect ratio is a direct result from resolution and you already know you can fill that in engine.ini .

1. I made the double post to reach more people that are playing both games.

2. The change of the Aspect Ratio is only a direkt result from the change of the resolution if the game is supporting it. SDTEHO does and CoAS doesn´t. Also the values for that are not written in the engine.ini. That are the FoV parameters that are located somewhere else and i don´t know where. That´s the reason why i´m asking.

1. I made the double post to reach more people that are playing both games.
Double posting is mentioned twice as being against forum rules:
Notice - Welcome and Forum Rules! | PiratesAhoy!

2. The change of the Aspect Ratio is only a direkt result from the change of the resolution if the game is supporting it. SDTEHO does and CoAS doesn´t. Also the values for that are not written in the engine.ini. That are the FoV parameters that are located somewhere else and i don´t know where. That´s the reason why i´m asking.
So your other thread asks this same question on the CoAS forum, but you say here it applies exclusively to SD:TEHO?

We are talking past each other but it isn´t important anymore because meanwhile i found out everything on my own. The file for the FoV parameters is called camera.ini and it is located in the RESOURCE/INI folder of both games. The values are equal in both games, so changes won´t make a difference. The engine.ini files have partly different values but if i change the values from CoAS to the values of SDTEHO, it doesn´t make anything better in CoAS. Now i guess that if a game doesn´t support widescreen from the beginning you can´t force it to that afterwards. You can only change the resolution to fullscreen but the symbols size will change from round to eggsize and your feet will be invisible.

Back