• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Why exactly is COAS rated 16+/M?

Peter Blood

Privateer
I have always wondered this. I would be allowed to play it because I am sometimes allowed to play this rating (I am 13) but I don't understand why it is rated this. I know it has language, blood, and brothels, but the other games do to!

It is rated such for the reasons you listed. Although you may be allowed to the play the game, many others in your age group or not. Ratings serve as a guide to parents and gamers so they have a general idea of what to expect from the game.

Actually, most kids I know who are my age play M/16+ games. But the game has no nudity or anything, shouldn't it have at least got the same rating as it's predecessors?

no no...it's right that every game get it's own rating. but it's a strage feeling that a US rating is harder than a german one...in germany the USK says 12 years...normally USK is much harder than others

but we are looking more on violence and less on things like: Alcohol and Tobacco Reference, Language or sexual content (such you'll "see" in this game)...
maybe its because you need rum to get your crew happy...
thpirateshipff.gif
... :rumgone ... :walkplank ...or sth like that.
...but...is it legal for you to buy this game??? or is it only a hint for your parents

I have indeed played a 10+ game with drug reference, alcohol reference, tobacco reference, and language and it didn't receive a higher rating. Also, what is the difference between the first and second AOP games besides the brothel?

The reason why it has no nudity is because its 16+ NOT 18+, 18+ games are generally very gory and such or have nudity where as 16+ is for the reasons you have posted

Ah, well, you see; here in the US, we have a different rating scale, eC (Early Childhood), E (Everyone which means 6+), E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) T (Teen is everyone 12 and over), and M (Mature, everyone 18 and over) sadly, age of pirates fits into the "M" category.

In Australia we have:
G-General
PG-13 plus (parental guidance)
M-15 (parental guidance for people under 15)
MA-15+ (mature 15+)
R-18+ (ID required to prove older than 18) [like alcohol]

MA is pretty bad and can include nudity and gore but R is like really really disturbing stuff :wacko:

Back