• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved why the quest ship do not shoot the cannons

the fleet of black beard and composed by the queen annes revenge a corsair frigate a galleon and a fluyt
if the player is from england he and the fleet will be allies but if it is not a tree way battle

here tempquestenemy.c
Can you also post "error.log" from after the game has crashed? That should tell us where the problem is.

Those characters who have guns have these lines:
Code:
    //JRH ammo mod -->
   TakenItems(ch, "gunpowder", 6);
   TakenItems(ch, "pistolbullets", 6);
   //JRH ammo mod <--
That might not work properly if a player has disabled the ammo mod. You should put a condition around it:
Code:
    //JRH ammo mod -->
   if (ENABLE_AMMOMOD)
   {
       TakenItems(ch, "gunpowder", 6);
       TakenItems(ch, "pistolbullets", 6);
    }
   //JRH ammo mod <--
any tips for which ships to use to make the English fleet ?
That depends on how powerful you want the fleet to be, and the period in which your story is set. Looking at that "TempQuestEnemy.c", the pirates have:
Pirate1 (Douglas Mcarthur): "PiratCorvette" - a moderate-size frigate which should only appear in "Golden Age of Piracy" or "Colonial Powers" periods
Pirate20 (Gore Verbinski): "FR_Couronne" - a big man of war which should only appear in "Spanish Main" or "Golden Age of Piracy" periods, and which is probably a tougher enemy than Blackbeard's ship!
Pirate3 (JJ Abrams): "NL_Derfflinger" - a light fluyt valid in "Early Explorers", "Spanish Main" and "Golden Age of Piracy"

So your story seems to be set in "Golden Age of Piracy". With that range of pirate ships, you could put pretty well any English ship valid for "Golden Age of Piracy" into the fleet. You can either look through "Ships_init.c"; or you can start up a FreePlay game, click on the ship icon to take you to the ship selection menu, and tell it you want a British warship. Then scroll through the ships and see what shows up.

Golden Age of Piracy is the age
and the age that I usually always play

the English fleet will be bigger than the one of the blackbeard and I want a balanced battle so I asked the tips I do not want that one side wins very easily

the crash problem does not happen anymore

Has the black beard fleet become too strong or too weak?

you can start up a FreePlay game, click on the ship icon to take you to the ship selection menu, and tell it you want a British warship. Then scroll through the ships and see what shows up.
Set Cheatmode ON and debug in globals.c too.
If I recall, you can then scroll through ALL ships and you'll get to see their code ID in the interface.

the English fleet will be bigger than the one of the blackbeard and I want a balanced battle so I asked the tips I do not want that one side wins very easily

Has the black beard fleet become too strong or too weak?
That is probably really difficult to judge.
There are so many factors involved that it's probably impossible to predict in advance.
You may have to play through a few times and see if it "feels right" to you.

ok I started to make the English fleet and went to test and she spawned in the middle of the black beard fleet
have any way to make them spawn one in front of the other or close by not in the middle of the enemy fleet

ok I started to make the English fleet and went to test and she spawned in the middle of the black beard fleet
have any way to make them spawn one in front of the other or close by not in the middle of the enemy fleet
You could try adding a new quest ship locator close to the one you use now.
Then you can generate each fleet at its own locator, but since both locators are close, both fleets should be too.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to do that before.
In theory, I think it should work, but I don't recall any example of it being done.

Did you use the same locator for the English fleet as for Blackbeard's fleet? This is the line which places Blackbeard's fleet:
Code:
Group_SetAddress("Blackbeard_ship", "QuebradasCostillas", "Quest_ships", "Quest_Ship_12");
If you also used "Quest_ships", "Quest_Ship_12" for the English fleet then they will indeed spawn on top of Blackbeard's fleet.

One quick solution is to add this line:
Code:
Group_SetPursuitGroup("English_fleet", PLAYER_GROUP);
Replace "English_fleet" with whatever group name you're using for the fleet. This should make the English fleet spawn on top of you. You'd better be flying an English or allied flag!

The pirate fleet currently consists of:
"FR_Couronne": a tier 2 warship with about 640 crew and 64 guns of 32 pounds;
"PiratCorvette": a tier 4 frigate with about 290 crew and 30 guns of 12 pounds;
"NL_Derfflinger": a tier 7 merchant with about 50-60 crew and 16 guns of 6 pounds;
And Blackbeard is probably using "QueenAnnesRevenge", a tier 3 galleon with about 420 crew and 44 guns of 18 pounds, plus Greek fire in the bow chasers.

The other pirate ships are all available in the "Golden Age of Piracy" period, so presumably that's when your story is set. Suitable English equivalents might therefore be:
"Battleship1": a tier 2 warship with about 700 crew and 70 guns of 24 pounds;
"RN_Corvette": pretty much the English equivalent to "PiratCorvette". Possibly use "RN_Frigate" instead, a slightly more powerful frigate but at least it looks different in more than just colour scheme
"Sloop4": a tier 6 sloop with about 72 crew and 14 guns of 6 pounds;
"HMS_Mordaunt": a tier 3 warship with about 460 crew and 58 guns of 24 pounds.

You might want to replace "NL_Derfflinger" with something a bit more powerful, in which case replace "Sloop4" as well.

Incidentally, in a normal game, Blackbeard is set to be immortal by default and can only be killed if you start by hitting him with a poisoned weapon. You won't be able to do that while you're trading broadsides with him, and immortality extends to a character's ship, which means Queen Anne's Revenge is going to be invulnerable. So, somewhere before the sea battle, you'll probably want to do this:
Code:
LAi_SetImmortal(CharacterFromID("Blackbeard"), false);
Otherwise the only way to defeat Blackbeard is to board the ship and fight him with a borgiablade.

thank you very much for the tips of ships to use it was very difficult to balance the battle to one side not to crush the other easily

and I was forgetting the immortality of the black beard but I think I'll leave it like this to make it more interesting

This is going to be a pretty late game quest.:onya

could you give me a summary of how to create and configure the dialogues right to start the quest
I tried to create but I ended up doing everything wrong:boom:

Last edited:
could you give me a summary of how to create and configure the dialogues right to start the quest
I tried to create but I ended up doing everything wrong:boom:
If you upload what you tried, perhaps that would be a good starting point to figure out what needs to be changed?
Who knows; maybe you already got most of it right! :cheers

Back