• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wich difficulty level is the closest one to original (b11) ?

desmond5

Landlubber
Wich difficulty level is the closest one to original difficulty level in POTC ? The one that you start with ?

By the way ... I can see that in BuildSetting.h you can disable/enable various mods, why can't I disable difficulty levels mod ? Can I do that manually ?

And what do the RUSHMOD and NOSAVEMOD do ?

Regards, Desmond

i think the lowest difficulty level is unchanged from the original. if you want to 'disable' that mod then you can just leave it on the lowest level!

i dunno about the rush mod, but the nosavemod puts characters in oriental monk dress into various locations of the game - talk to them, and accept an artifact from them, and in return for a certain perk you can only save the game by going to see one of those characters.

<!--QuoteBegin-Kieron+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kieron)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i think the lowest difficulty level is unchanged from the original. if you want to 'disable' that mod then you can just leave it on the lowest level!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know about that. The lowest difficulty level is <i>really</i> easy, much easier than I found the unmodded game to be. I think it's probably at least one level up from the easiest (I haven't tried them all yet, so I don't know).

well i think that the lowest difficulty is the only one that doesn't directly affect the numbers in the game. but a lot of the build's features make the game quite easy on that mode...

The problem here is that a lot of stuff was added/changed that screwed with difficulty _apart_ from the difficulty mod.
One of the main things was that _all_ NPCs, random or not, get created based on the player's current level. One of the major things the diff level does is scale that `gen-them`-at level.
IIRC "1.0" difficulty is somewhere between Journeyman and Adventurer, nearer the latter.

The thing is that now enemies scale _with_ the player; in stock, they were fixed, so in the beginning they were tough and at the end easy.

Back