• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Widescreen?

morgwin

Sailor Apprentice
Is it possible to set a custom widescreen resolution?

My monitor supports up to 1440x900(the size i use)

Yes i believe you can. Go to the main directory and open file called Engin with note pad, edit these two lines at the top.

screen_x = 1440
screen_y = 900

And save, you should now have the screen set to that of your desktop. If your game crashes when minising it you can edit this line found in the same place as the above lines.

full_screen = 1 to full_screen = 0, you can now minimise the game without the game crashing.

Happy sailing.

Yes i believe you can. Go to the main directory and open file called Engin with note pad, edit these two lines at the top.

screen_x = 1024
screen_y = 768

And save, you should now have the screen set to that of your desktop. If your game crashes when minising it you can edit this line found in the same place as the above lines.

full_screen = 1 to full_screen = 0, you can now minimise the game without the game crashing.

Happy sailing.

Most helpful, thank you :onya

Your welcome, and sorry i ment when you edit those two lines for the screen reselution add the settings you want ie.

Mine are:
screen_x = 1024
screen_y = 768

Your would be:
screen_x = 1440
screen_y = 900

Regards
Luke.

Great tip! Thank you! Now another question... is there any way to pan the camera back? My monitor supports 1600 x 900 and it looks great, but it seems like a "closeup" shot. I compromised by setting it to 1440 x 900 and it is better, but it sure would be nice to use the full resolution and pan the camera back a little.

Back