• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved will it list 2.5 or still 2.1 on the title screen?

TwoWinds

Powder Monkey
I just did a clean install of the original game then installed 2.1 over top and then ran the bat file then installed 2.5 over that and again ran the bat file. when i ran the bat file for 2.5 it looks like none of the files extracted ... not sure ... but what brought me to this is the title screen still says 2.1 ... was that updated to 2.5 or has my install messed up?

It should say 2.5 in the menu. Do you still have a PROGRAM_new folder? Is the RunMe.bat still there?

I open the game and the title / menu screen has build mod 14 2.1 listed in the bottom left hand part of the screen

should i reinstall 2.5 over top again?

What folder do you have the game installed to?

Try installing Beta 2.5 again on top.

ok just tried installing 2.5 over top again but this error comes up...

Error opening file for writing:
c:\games\bethesda softworks\pirates of the carribean\modules\battle_interface.dll

click abort to stop the insallation, retry to try again or ignore to skip this file

ok i clicked ignore on that one and got a few more errors pop up.. a music file and a sea.dll one ... think im gonna do a another complete uninstall / reinstall

Crappy Windows Security Stupidity is messing things up again. What Windows do you have?
Or what virus scanner? That could be it too.

ok looks like a bad install via my error. I think i installed one of the updates to the program86 folder not the game folder. reinstalled and the menu screen now reads 2.5. but the 2.5 update runme.bat file every single file it tried to update didnt work. but the runme.bat files have all dissapeared. andthe game starts ... ill play and see how it behaves.

Back