• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Windows 7 Savegames

jmaverick

Sailor
:rolleyes: Hi, does anyone know where the game stores the saves in a Win 7 environment? I looked in c > program files>playlogic>program>saves>player and I found it empty, I looked in other places but I was not ablle to locate them. How are they named? This might be useful in order to look for them using the search facility. Thank you, regards :gday

maybe you should save a game...then you should find it in the save->*username* folder in your COAS folder...so it is on my win7 64bit

maybe you should save a game...then you should find it in the save->*username* folder in your COAS folder...so it is on my win7 64bit
I run a win 7 pro 32bits. Can you be more specific? what do you mean by 'save>*username* folder? I'm playing using 'player' as username. (profile). I looked in c>programfiles>playlogic>Age of Pirates 2>save>player, system says it's empty, although I have several save games.InNeed to know to back up my save games. How are they named? Thank you, take care :gday

you should find your savegames in you game directory

there i find my savegames:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\SAVE\toxic

you should find yours in:
c>programfiles>playlogic>Age of Pirates 2>save>player

the savegame is called:
toxic AutoSave
toxic QuickSave

yours should called:
player AutoSave
player QuickSave

you should find your savegames in you game directory

there i find my savegames:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\SAVE\toxic

you should find yours in:
c>programfiles>playlogic>Age of Pirates 2>save>player

the savegame is called:
toxic AutoSave
toxic QuickSave

yours should called:
player AutoSave
player QuickSave
Thank you, can't find'em!!!! Same 'tour': save>player empty! Furthermore nothing is showed searchin for player autosave and player quicksave. Getting crazy..... :modding

The save games are NOT in your profile.

All your save games are in the same directory the game is installed in.

Cap'n Drow

Well, I'll try to make me understood: the game is installed in native win 7 32bits italian version, the location is 'programmi' (i.e. Program Files in the english version), inside 'programmi' we have Playlogic > Age of Pirates 2 > SAVE > Player, Player is the profile I'm using, the data store 'player' in Save is 0K, empty and there's no other data store. Hope I've been detailed. The game works fine, I've been playing for days and saved many save files. Unable to locate where AoP2 stores the save games in other location, 'though I looked around. Regards

Windows 7 has built in security measures that treat any programs installed in the "Program Files" directory as protected operating system files, it's really quite annoying and can cause strange problems for some people, and can for some make the game completely unplayable. The save files should indeed show up in "Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\SAVE\Player\" directory, If your not finding the save files in there, then it may be storing them somewhere under your Windows user name profile directory, somewhere in "C:\Users\".

Try this, go into CoAS and take a look at the description of one of your save games and write it down, for example one of mine is called "Martinique Fort de France Street", the save file name shows up as "Thagarr Martinique Fort de France Street" with no extension. Bring up Windows Explorer, select drive C: and then in the search box in the upper right, type in the save file description. You might not need the whole description, just a couple of words, execute a search and see if it can find that file name. If it doesn't show up, more than likely Windows 7 is hiding the file as a protected operating system file. If it does show up, Windows might not even let you access it unless you are signed on as administrator. You will either need to turn off the "Hide protected operating system files" option in the folders view and run the game as administrator, or install CoAS to a different folder such as "C:\Games\" it will run fine without any problems from there. Hope that helps mate!

Windows 7 has built in security measures that treat any programs installed in the "Program Files" directory as protected operating system files, it's really quite annoying and can cause strange problems for some people, and can for some make the game completely unplayable. The save files should indeed show up in "Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\SAVE\Player\" directory, If your not finding the save files in there, then it may be storing them somewhere under your Windows user name profile directory, somewhere in "C:\Users\".

Try this, go into CoAS and take a look at the description of one of your save games and write it down, for example one of mine is called "Martinique Fort de France Street", the save file name shows up as "Thagarr Martinique Fort de France Street" with no extension. Bring up Windows Explorer, select drive C: and then in the search box in the upper right, type in the save file description. You might not need the whole description, just a couple of words, execute a search and see if it can find that file name. If it doesn't show up, more than likely Windows 7 is hiding the file as a protected operating system file. If it does show up, Windows might not even let you access it unless you are signed on as administrator. You will either need to turn off the "Hide protected operating system files" option in the folders view and run the game as administrator, or install CoAS to a different folder such as "C:\Games\" it will run fine without any problems from there. Hope that helps mate!

You were so righr! Bingo! :onya
Save files are store in
C > Users> myuser > AppData > Local > VirtualStore > Program Files > Playlogic > Age of Pirates 2 > SAVE > Player (or whatever is your profile name) > SET OF SAVE FILES
I must confess I would never guess. I've been going through my computer several times, but I never suspected that VirtualStore could be a iocation to look at!
Thanks mate, the name of the save files has been the key! Thx a lot :gday
P-S. To show AppData you should set NOT to hide system files

Another good reason that I will stay with Win. XP 32 bit. So Far ( that I know of ) there is not a single PC game on the market that XP 32bit PCIe will not play. Just do not have these Administrator or file problems.
XP also is not such a memory hog as Vista/Win7 either.

Good "Ole Bill & Co"........yeah right... :modding

After the debacle that was Vista, I was very reluctant to try Windows 7 as well Pirate_I_Am, but it really is a major improvement over Windows XP! It is MUCH more stable and a lot faster than XP, and believe it or not, it actually does handle memory a lot more efficiently. There are still some of the annoying Vista "Security Features" that are still a pain, but they are much more toned down and a lot less annoying in Windows 7, and you can turn them off completely if you choose. I have yet to find a game that will not run in Windows 7, and most run more stable from what I have seen.

I still despise everything Microsoft, but they did finally release a good and stable operating system with Windows 7.

After the debacle that was Vista, I was very reluctant to try Windows 7 as well Pirate_I_Am, but it really is a major improvement over Windows XP! It is MUCH more stable and a lot faster than XP, and believe it or not, it actually does handle memory a lot more efficiently. There are still some of the annoying Vista "Security Features" that are still a pain, but they are much more toned down and a lot less annoying in Windows 7, and you can turn them off completely if you choose. I have yet to find a game that will not run in Windows 7, and most run more stable from what I have seen.

I still despise everything Microsoft, but they did finally release a good and stable operating system with Windows 7.
I agree with you: XP was a good sustem, but 7 is faster and more stable, I found only one application (ArcSoft I_do_not_remember_which_version) not compliant (I did not try either to run it in 'administrator mod' nor in Virtula-XP). Furthermore Microsoft relaeased very few fixes (di you remember Sp1, Sp2, etc.....?) Beside that there are those strange behaviors: which is the criterion under which save files are stored in that hidden location very difficult to reckon????? Take care

Back