• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[WIP] Point of Sail upgrade at Bermuda

bna

Sailor Apprentice
Just completed a small mod to enable Point of Sail (PoS) upgrade at Bermuda by Alexus.

Currently I've made and tested it for CMv3.2.1 but it can be easily adapted for GoF 1.1.

I want to discuss some parameters of this upgrade.
1. How much Point of Sail should be increased?
1.1. Should it be fixed amount as with speed or some variable depending on current PoS?
2. What type of tradable goods should I use as fee for upgrade?
3. How much should it cost compared to other upgradable parameters?

Of course I've coded already these parameters but I want to hear other opinions ;)

P.S. I've also coded alternate to GoF method of coloring sails and adding any emblems to them based on Philippe mod.
It works in CMv3.2.1 and can work in GoF 1.1 overriding GoF coloring method.
If community is interested I can public it.

i am strongly interested in a point of sail upgrade, even if i realize that in real life such things are hard to do.
what would such an element need changing on the ship to make it possible?
More fore and aft sails? wider angles for the square sails to be turned left or right?
i think such an upgrade would need changes in the takelage, and a different way to handle sails., so, maybe wood of various types, ropes, different materials for sails and the like?

Just completed a small mod to enable Point of Sail (PoS) upgrade at Bermuda by Alexus.

Currently I've made and tested it for CMv3.2.1 but it can be easily adapted for GoF 1.1.

I want to discuss some parameters of this upgrade.
1. How much Point of Sail should be increased?
1.1. Should it be fixed amount as with speed or some variable depending on current PoS?
2. What type of tradable goods should I use as fee for upgrade?
3. How much should it cost compared to other upgradable parameters?

Of course I've coded already these parameters but I want to hear other opinions ;)

P.S. I've also coded alternate to GoF method of coloring sails and adding any emblems to them based on Philippe mod.
It works in CMv3.2.1 and can work in GoF 1.1 overriding GoF coloring method.
If community is interested I can public it.

Sure, make it public. I'd love for someone to make dark black sails with white skull and cross bones on the mainsail, and red sails with black skull and bones on the mainsail. Better yet would be a toggle for the skull and cross bones. I have seen in on NPC ships, but all were black on white sails. Toggle on and off, black, white, red, or blue. And also add national flags and or logos to sails too as a toggle.

Back