• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wish to contribute

Captain Mark

Landlubber
Hi lads, :gday

being very impressed of what you all did so far with the build mod and understanding the big need of more hands for the task of further development, I wish to contribute in any way.

Working in the tourist branche I am very busy during the summer months, but from November on I shall have lots of time. So if there is any task that is suited for a beginning modder that is too time consuming for someone else, then I just might be your man.

I am willing to learn, and right now I am reading the modding tutorials to learn the basics. :mm I am also good with Photoshop CS5.

:gday matey!

Yes, the more people there are tinkering around, the more will get done. It sounds like you lean towards graphics. Learn Maya 5 and we can keep you very busy! :d:

Actually just do what interests you. Most beginners start with something simple like a sword, gun, or costume.

Ahoy Captain Mark, welcome aboard mate! :dance

Your off to a good start by reading through the tutorials, there are definitely a lot of them around the forums. There are also some older tutorials that cover our early modding efforts included with the Tutorials and History PDF that is included with New Horizons Build 14. Hylie Pistoff is absolutely right, just start out doing something small that interests you, post any questions you have and someone out there may have an answer for you. POTC is not an easy game to mod, and the game engine has it's little quirks, but it really is worth the effort! :onya

Well right now I am reading the Tutorials & History PDF, there is enough in there to keep me busy for the next days. :mm

And I'll have a look at Maya 5 aswell. Not sure yet what direction to take, but I guess it will have something to do with graphics.

We'll see. :keith

Back