• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Woodes Rogers Quest cannot perform distillery.

Foop my Car

Freebooter
Woodes Rogers (03) - The Reward Part 5 | PiratesAhoy!
Gunroom (4)

According to the guide, you have to do distillery. But I followed the instructions and nothing happens. And I have to keep on saving and reloading just for an effect to take place eg After lighting the fire, I have to save and reload to see the fire for the next step. The key part is to allow boiling to occur, but, how do I know when it it boiling!??

According to the guide, you have to do distillery. But I followed the instructions and nothing happens. And I have to keep on saving and reloading just for an effect to take place eg After lighting the fire, I have to save and reload to see the fire for the next step. The key part is to allow boiling to occur, but, how do I know when it it boiling!??
I can't help you in detail, but as far as I remember, those laboratory scenes in WR and TGB often had bubbling sound effects and/or visual steam effects to signify something is boiling but it takes time for the player to get used to those processes and how to "read" them. Also there were often sort of levers to get more air into the fire.

But having to reload every step sounds like a bug to me.

Yes it's a bug. I couldn't repeat it though. Found a small typo which I have fixed but not at all sure
that was the problem. This is not a place that use to go wrong.

The bug appeared like this: when trying to change the damper position the game executed the changes
but never made a reload (to the same place). So the damper never "moved" but my guess it technically was in a new postion.

Also the visual effects (such as fire, smoke) are just about visible if you load a save game indoors. Outside no problem.

I just use this thread. When I get three books, one of them chemistry, Dover takes the chemistry book for the chain. The chain blocks the chemistry shelf, but I don't have the chemistry book anymore because Dover has taken it for the chain. I'm confused.

Dover is supposed to take the mercury book. Do you have a save game somewhere before this?

Maybe this is a bug: (the little thing after else)
Code:
if(CheckCharacterItem(Pchar,"book35"))
            {
                PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\Eng_m_a_040.wav");
                Dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[11];
                link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[12];
                link.l1.go = "chain";
            }
            else¨
            {

Attachments

• Thomas Dover_dialog.c
    4.6 KB · Views: 184
Yes, but isn't the mercury book the chemistry book?

Because when I place the chain it says I can know reach the chemistry shelf. But the only books I have left are Lolita and French poetry.

I remove this little thing.

Good! But I tested talking to Dover with the mercury book. With the little terrible " after else I get a blank dialog.
This is strange as this dialog has been played so many times without any error. o_O

Anyway removing the " it's okay! :yes

@Jack Rackham I hijack this thread instead of opening a new one.

I'm in the opening part of Woodes Rogers part 2, on the 7th of 8 alchemy recipes, but my experiment always blows up. I mix the Ammoniac from recipe 6, the Calcium oxid from recipe 5, one Sulphur and one small bottle of water in the large bottle. Then I put it in the fireplace for distillation, the classic one that was already used in the first part. This empties only half of the large bottle. I place the small bottle as receiver, close the grid, use the lever twice as always and everything explodes.

Am I doing something wrong? I was already proud of succeeding in the first six recipes after I finally found the funnel. xD

Maybe the lever you push (with your foot) already is pushed once.
If so 1 + 2 = 3. Try push it once and see if the distillery process starts.

I think you can see on the flames which fire level you are at.
If you load a save game indoors though flames, smoke and other effects are hard to see.

To reset the fire level to start leave the room and go outside for a while.
This also helps if effects are not very visible.

I can try again, but I've been outside of the room several times since I last used the distillery (using the grinder, assembling ingredients and such).

The four ingredients should be correct, right? Or does the order of mixing matter? Right now I'm not 100% sure if there was a "confirmation" when I mixed them all in the large bottle.

The four ingredients should be correct, right?
Yes.
Or does the order of mixing matter?
No.

Place this line in your console.c
Code:
Logit("Locatorfile: "+ locations[FindLocation(Pchar.location)].models.always.locators);
and press F12 while in the distillery room.

You can get
"mediumhouse01_locators_JRH2",
"mediumhouse01_locators_JRH1" or
"mediumhouse01_locators_JRH0"
which corresponds to the fire level.

I'm trying again with the console right now, or would it be better to re-start WR2 with Teach's head, now with the update?

If you have a save game somewhere near the critical point it would be best for you.
I have never met any problems with the distillery so I hope it's just one push too much.

The closest Teach head can take you is from the start of part2. That is when you have left the room with
the crew recruitment etc etc.

Turned out the alchemy worked with just one push of the lever.

Then I continued to Tortuga, but restarted it with a jumpstart because since the visit to the laboratory in Pt 2, the game has strangly been lagging every few seconds.

I am playing the whole story, but with some restarts in between. This was the third actually. The first was during the medicine chest, because the gunner who opens the chest didn't work, possibly because I talked to him before talking to the grandma in the streets. The second was when Pyle and company attack the prize ships and Friday finds a hatch, for some reason I couldn't continue through the first cargo deck.

Also later I was struggling to repair Richard's map in the abbey. Looked at the code to find out some "tape" was required and ended up putting the tape in the console.

Right now I'm actually stuck because I just can't find the fort in Antigua... EDIT: Alright, looks like the fort is disguised as a church

Last edited:
There's another obstacle @Jack Rackham

It's when I leave Eden's secret office after the wine cellar puzzle. The secretary seems to be unconscious and the screen message says "Missing character ID wr_boc1_copy".

I've looked into the files and it seems the character ID and the character model are mixed up. It says

Code:
    ch.id        = "wr_boc1";
    ch.model = "wr_boc1_copy";

but there is no model named "wr_boc1_copy", just a model "wr_boc1". So my guess is ID and model should be the other way around. I've changed it to

Code:
    ch.id        = "wr_boc1_copy";
    ch.model = "wr_boc1";

and the error message is still the same. Probably requires a new game?

Yes you are right. I messed up the ID and the model names. That will be changed and uploaded as a bugfix later.
Thanks for that @BathtubPirate :doff

Now to how we can get you going with the game as it is. It doesn't help to switch those two names when you're already
in a game as the TempQuest.c (the characters) are read at game start. So let the mistake stay in your TempQuest.c.

questreaction.c: try to // these lines: 54727, 54912, 54913. These means one less enemy will show up and the game will only check for 2
dead enemies not 3. You will still get a screen message but I've tested and the adventure continues this way. :onya

Back