• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Woodes Rogers_9_Revenge-Pirate Captains NOT COMING

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
I am in part 9- Revenge.
Pirates Captains Vane & associates not coming/showings up after Pyle enter the shipyard or any where near the Roger's port. Nothing triggering here.
Before that Defoe said nothing. Just standing outside tavern. Although shipyard is open and can go all the way to Roger's port.
But where is Vane & others!!??

So I am stuck here. Tried twice from start of part 9. Log files attached.

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.3 MB · Views: 247
  • error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 279
  • system.log
    61.3 KB · Views: 275
I played it through from the start in the blue cavern - and Defoe started to talk to me when I'm leaving the tavern.

I see in your system log you have this:
Code:
DIALOG: Missing dialog text
DIALOG: Invalid text or links, emergency exit! (last link = )
Could have happened when you tried to talk to Defoe. But he should have autostarted the dialog himself!

Did you enter the tavern from the roofs and the balcony?
I'll try again...

Thanks for reply.

1st, there is only possible way to enter tavern through the roofs and balcony. Isn't is? Everything is like semi auto (just need to press the key all the way).

2nd, when leaving tavern Defoe said nothing. That's why I tried to talk. Even running around him to find the triggering point to start the dialog.

Here's the code for and what triggers the Defoe dialog.
Defoe only shows up if you have come the right (and only) balcony way to the tavern.
So why doesn't he start talking?

The locator "defoe" is made large from game start. Checked.
And so large you can't pass beside it. Checked.

Code:
case "cat_burglar29":
            PlaySound("PEOPLE\step_stairway.wav");
            PlaySound("PEOPLE\step_stairway.wav");
            ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(Pchar, "Redmond_Town_01", "reload", "balcony");

pchar.quest.Vane_to_port.win_condition.l1 = "location";
            pchar.quest.Vane_to_port.win_condition.l1.location = "Redmond_tavern";
            pchar.quest.Vane_to_port.win_condition = "Vane_to_port";
        break;
    //...............................................................................................
        case "Vane_to_port":
            ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Defoe"), "Redmond_Town_01", "goto", "defoe");
            LAi_SetStayType(characterFromID("Defoe"));

pchar.quest.Vane_to_port1.win_condition.l1 = "locator";
            pchar.quest.Vane_to_port1.win_condition.l1.location = "Redmond_Town_01";
            pchar.quest.Vane_to_port1.win_condition.l1.locator_group = "goto";
            pchar.quest.Vane_to_port1.win_condition.l1.locator = "defoe";
            pchar.quest.Vane_to_port1.win_condition = "Vane_to_port1";
        break;

case "Vane_to_port1":
            LAi_SetActorType(CharacterFromID("Defoe"));
            LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Defoe"), pchar, "", 0.0, 0.0);
            LAi_ActorWaitDialog(Pchar, characterFromID("Defoe"));
            Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Defoe")].dialog.CurrentNode  = "open_shipyard";
        break;

I have tested jump start 17 "To the Blue Cavern: REVENGE" 3 times and it worked.
Is that the one you started or is this a very long and older game?

I did part by part. New game (18/4/19).
And I did some merchant run in between part 3 or 4 to have some experience and level up. So I can fight better.

Last edited:
ADD: I checked the reactions file.
Above code is there. Did not find any missing.
New game -18/4/19.
No old save files.

Sorry but I can't make the bug to happen.
Try start a new game and use jumpstart 17 (Teach's head dialog).

In jump start the problems may not be arise.
Coz everything is preloaded for that particular part.
And there is no fun to play as they are by step by step or part by part (as I played).

Its seems like shipyard is only open after dialog with Defoe. But in my case Defoe says nothing and shipyard is open all the way to Roger's port :shock
Please test step by step from beginning. Only then that bug can be tracked down maybe.

There is other bugs. I did not say before coz I am able to over come them.

Like, carpenter log which have to pick up by player in shipyard fighting.
And I found it was too buggy. Coz it was not removed from inventory after picking up gunner's pole.
Its automatically selected every time in later game/level as default weapon. Unable to remove or deselect manually.
So I had a big problem to load the wine bottles in seller from the barrel later.

So, I decided not to pick up carpenter log after killing him. Although it was selected by default as weapon later in shop fighting.
But was gone automatically coz I actually did not pick it up before.
I am able to bypass that log bug this way.
Gunner's pole removed from inventory normally.

So its hard to understand bugs like this in jump starts. Better to play step by step. Maybe only when they arise.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes I noticed some things too which I'll fix some day. The worst is the possible crash at top of the wood tower when raising
Rackham's flag. I have to do it in a different way...
I'll do more tests later today concerning Defoe's missing dialog. But first I have saw more firewood for next winter. :cool

Yes it is. I tried today to play, to check the Defoe bug, a little longer before the actual situation but couldn't pass
the flag point, not even when using the quicksave. So before doing anything else this must be fixed. I'll start now. :pflag

I had around 8 crashes to host the flag (with nvidia selected). Some of them completely shut down the game.

In coin selection part I suddenly discovered player had 3 anchor in inventory, instead of 1.
Remembering me about log bug. So load the game again from seller part. And it was gone.

In collect pistol belt section, had problem with pick up the door key.
It will take me around 1/2 hour to pass that part.
Coz after picking the lock and pull the map from other side (left & right hand combination), hand sign to pick the key was not showing.
When ever I tried to pick it up, character got position himself in the side of the door like before, to pick up the lock with compass.
Later able to pick up key from floor with F3+F3. But NO pick up sign (hand) detected.

Well, able to bypass them.

I had around 8 crashes to host the flag
Not acceptable.
I like the scene on top of the tower with the flag but as I've got a similar one in part 2 this can be
done in another way.

Actually there are 3 crashing point.
1st, going top section.
2nd, flag hosting.
3rd, after cannon fire when character put lance to see the ship.

And I encountered all 3 of them.

I think it will need much more time to solve problems in Woodes Rogers.
So updating to new version as I am unable to finish it anyway.
Will play it again when solved.

Back