• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Woods Roger Storyline - Releasing Vane's men after climbing out fried-eggs window fails

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Alpha 19 - and cheat on.
Played through without cheating to exiting fried-eggs window and climbing down to the Port Royal tavern balcony. Woods Roger is there and starts the first quest dialogue again. with with quest record etc in Quest Book. Even includes jumping down in front of De Foe. after dialogue with De Foe - character lock up and cannot progress to meeting Claire Voyant and De Foe at the Shipyard.

Zipped Save prior to exiting window attached.

Attachments

• -=Brian=- Jamaica.7z
    1 MB · Views: 37
De Foe - character lock up and cannot progress to meeting Claire Voyant and De Foe at the Shipyard.
Try not to talk to De Foe, but just approach him and he will talk himself. At this point I thought that the game was broken, but there you just had to approach him, and not cause dialogue.
And the fact that Woods Rogers is standing on the balcony is strange.

I couldn't load your uploaded savegame. Got Bad Save.
Yesterday I played that part but from an earlier jump start - no Woodes Rogers there.

Indeed. I'll add a fix to secure that Woodes Rogers isn't at the balcony.

I'll add a fix to secure that Woodes Rogers isn't at the balcony.
But threre is one already. Getting even more strange. o_O
case "Vane_mine_search30":
//from Selkirk dialog
PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\pir_capR7.wav");
LAi_SetPlayerType(Pchar);
AddQuestRecord("Revenge", "2");

LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap1"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap3"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap4"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap5"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap7"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap8"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap9"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap14"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap16"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap18"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap22"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap23"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap26"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap27"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap29"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap30"));
LAi_SetCitizenType(CharacterFromID("pir_cap31"));
LAi_SetOfficerType(CharacterFromID("Selkirk"));

pchar.quest.make_moon_night2.win_condition.l1 = "location";
pchar.quest.make_moon_night2.win_condition.l1.location = "wr_friday";
pchar.quest.make_moon_night2.win_condition = "make_moon_night2";
break;
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
case "make_moon_night2":
SetCurrentTime(23.00, 0);
SetNextWeather("Moon Night");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Woodes Rogers"), "none", "", "");
Pchar.quest.wr_quest1 = "off";
Pchar.quest.woodesrogers = "dead";

LAi_QuestDelay("cat_burglar", 0.1);
break;

I have doubled the woodesrogers-not-on-balcony lines. Try this and start a little bit earlier. From the mine where Selkirk and Friday join the
pirates.
I have traced and both cases are really read in my game.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
That version of "quests_reaction.c" contains a line 'logit("EEEE");'. For the benefit of the Russian translation, which needs everything in the Cyrillic alphabet, perhaps make that 'logit(LanguageConvertString(tmpLangFileID,"EEEE"));'? Then "EEEE" can go into "interface_strings.txt".

Try not to talk to De Foe, but just approach him and he will talk himself. At this point I thought that the game was broken, but there you just had to approach him, and not cause dialogue.
Thanks, I did get around it to continue the game right through to the Beach Boys Concert.

@Jack Rackham, I just tried your new quest_reaction .c file in my game starting from the talk with Vane at the church - to the Cave - to the window and own to the balcony - Woods Rogers still appears but if I go inside the tavern and out again, Defoe appears and the quest continues. The code says he shouldn't appear and I cannot find another reason so I am at a loss with this.

Thanks, I did get around it to continue the game right through to the Beach Boys Concert.
Good to hear!

Ok, I'll continue testing why Rogers is still there...

@salonikasurf Here's a new fix. If you please would be so kind to test it. Start a save game from the mine meeting for.ex.

Attachments

• balcony fix.7z
    282.1 KB · Views: 40
@salonikasurf Here's a new fix. If you please would be so kind to test it. Start a save game from the mine meeting for.ex.
Thanks @Jack Rackham
Extracted file to overwrite files in Program and Resource folders as for a normal patch.
Started from the mine exit but had the same issue again - maybe my version has got corrupted somehow we me doing quick fixes, although I think these were all after this issue.
There are a couple of new errors though - see log files zip attached.

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    43.8 KB · Views: 35
  • -=Brian=- Jamaica.zip
    1 MB · Views: 34
Thanks for testing again.

What I did in the latest fix was to switch to a new locatorfile without the goto56 (on the balcony) which WoodesRogers likes to show up upon.
I forced him to go there via console but he couldn't.

I still can't load your save game - don't know why.
What I can do is to play through the quest from start, maybe first without the latest fix, to this point and see.
I'll be in touch.

Thanks for testing again.

What I did in the latest fix was to switch to a new locatorfile without the goto56 (on the balcony) which WoodesRogers likes to show up upon.
I forced him to go there via console but he couldn't.

I still can't load your save game - don't know why.
What I can do is to play through the quest from start, maybe first without the latest fix, to this point and see.
I'll be in touch.
It’s strange, this save loaded even on the Russian version.
You definitely throw it in the beyond-new-horizons\SAVE\WoodesRogers folder
Also look at the title to see if it is displayed correctly.
-=Brian=- Jamaica. Port Royal old mine February 15th, 1725
But most likely you have an old version. Download the application Download App,
as well as the game itself. You will have automatic updates when you log into this application.

Now I've played it through from start to the critical point and no Rogers on the balcony.
I play build14 with the latest zip. So I'll not add any fixes here as it works.

@salonikasurf maybe you are playing build15?

Back