• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

World of Tanks

LordDrow

Pirate Geek Extraordinaire
Staff member
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Okay so this is one of the reasons you guys haven't seen me around lately. Been Beta Testing and now playing the release version of this awesome game.

If you enjoy tank warfare and want a chance to actually kill another player and not just some silly AI. Come check it out on www.worldoftanks.com

Maybe you'll see me there.

Look for TheJackel. That would be me!

Cap'n Drow

I found ya! waiting for you to be online. Still trying to get more credits to get a better tank.

[quote name='T'Flok' timestamp='1303348764' post='390602']
I found ya! waiting for you to be online. Still trying to get more credits to get a better tank.
[/quote]

I play pretty regular. You can usually find me in-game monday through friday from about 6:30 PM on. On weekends I might be on at anytime day or night. I frequently play games overnight on saturdays.

Look forward to seeing you and any others who join us soon!

Cap'n Drow

Thanks for the tip. Got a chance to check it out last night. It was quite a bit of fun.

I'm bumpkin there as well. Last night I was pretty easy to spot. I was typically the one burning along the roadside. :woot

Thanks,
Greg.

Only crap thing about this game: i don't have credit card to buy better ammo for me tank.
I played the game for a few days and then gave up because to much professional players for me to handle. It was fun at first but then.. yeah gave up. Just not that sort of guy. I like stupid AI better. lol.

What?! :blink:

EDIT: Ah damn you're so hard to understand sometimes but I finally got yer meaning. xD: No thank you those MMORPGS and credit cards aren't worth ending your life by jumping of the bridge or something. Heh.

Hi,

You can still get all the tank upgrades........but unfortunately you'll probably be a few years older by the time you get them ......tool box being the most costly.....I'd have thought that would have been first on anyones shopping list :wacko:
It's a good game though.
I'm on as damski on the EU server......normaly found burned out somewhere near Bumpkin I should imagine xD:

damski.

Ya the upgrades do come. It takes awhile. You can also use your experience points to purchase training upgrades for your crew. Crew training levels do make a real difference. The better ammunition is really only good again the open top tanks.

Living through a battle really earns you some points. But if you don't you can always exit that battle go back to the garage and take one of your other tanks for a spin. Though you can learn a lot by watching some of the other players Especially the ones with the better tanks, they typically have more experience.
It does suck a bit that only the people that pay get the premium tanks. But I guess there has to be some sort of carrot to make people want to pay.
But they also make nice targets because they have not learned any tactics by try to survive. I got behind one of them the other night. :wp Popped in right in the stern-sheets. :whipa It is very satisfying watching his fancy premium tank go up in flames. :boom

I have learned roads are dangerous. These days you typically find my tank burning behind a wall or under a bush. :rofl I am getting somewhat better.

The other thing I learned with this game is that being polite pays, meaning let the others go first. They make great places to hide behind after they get shot up. :cheers

Oh, for want of an unmetered internet service - I'd so be all over this game. Its sounds like a blast. :yes

Okay, so you know. Its not necessary to purchase gold unless you really want to. It useful to purchase gold occasionally so you can play using premium, which increases the silver and xp you earn, but it is not necessary to play the game. Most of the premium tanks you can buy with gold are crap anyway compared to the same tier tanks you can research. Usually they just have real nice armor with a toy pop-gun for a weapon.

Anyhow, anyone that plays, give me a shout. I'm on the North American server during the hours listed above usually.

Cap'n Drow

Oh, for want of an unmetered internet service - I'd so be all over this game. Its sounds like a blast. :yes

The network speed requirement listed is 128k. The fastest our connection ever goes is about 78k. But for 15 beans a month I not really going to complain. The game runs fine. But I have, quite often, noticed that my kills get credited to other players. I imagine this is mostly due to network lag. But it is still a lot of fun.

Hi,

There's a few annoying players who like you to get the return pounding then come out of hiding for the killer shot then on their way......I felt like swapping sides & blasting the hell out em' the last time that happened :twisted:

Back