• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WorldMap ship show

Scoundrel

Sailor Apprentice
After changing setting to not No ships at all shown there was no ships. I eman not only not shown but there was no encounters. I was traveling for months and encountered no one. Normally I'd be asked a dozen times if I want to encounter 'someone'.
Was it intentional?

That's probably indeed what the code does; do you want "invisible" ships instead?

Yeah, I thought that'll just make encounters a surprice ;) its not a big deal since you can refuse all encounters because of bug, but still, It says 'not shown' and not 'no encounters'.
I just expected some alpha textures or something.

Meh, I need to stop using world map to sail. But it has better compass - the one in DirectSail sucks. It'd be neat to tune it up a little.

Hi Scoundrel, got you already the compass what is being sold by class 10 traders? IMO with them DirectSail is the thing.

Hi Scoundrel, got you already the compass what is being sold by class 10 traders? IMO with them DirectSail is the thing.
Sure, I got top equipment, except for the armor. It was the menus that was bugging me. Im not saying its useless, but it could be more practical.

so I made it that way :))
I made myself minor changes to orange compass menu.
I removed speed indicator, since I have them in numbers, and put the compass in this hole, added little white dot on top of radar (to see direction clearly) and made wind pointer a little more... pointy. And smaller.

Here's before'n'after:
beforene.jpg

afteruw.jpg

So now I'll use DirectSail more often. And if anyone wants this, just let me know ;)

Please do give us those files! :woot
I attached it. Theese textures include brass compass with increased size, to fill the gap. And the blue one... I didn't touch it: blue sky, blue water, who uses blue compass?

Attachments

• new compass.7z
    105.1 KB · Views: 66
I tried it. I have a hard time seeing the N,S,E,& W. I also seem to have forgotten how to get the other compasses.

It should be in advanced options somewhere close to bottom.
hm... even at maxed resolution looks fine for me. But its proably because of bright letters.
Try one of theese. White ones should be easier to distinguish (but they're not to fancy). Or another version of orange one - letters are like in old one, but I made bigger degrees here.

If you still dont like it I'd still recommend new wind pointer :onya

Attachments

• compass.zip
    186.2 KB · Views: 76
Ah, found it. Right where it has always been. :eek:ops2

I tried them all and like the white one best. The letters are not so thick and blocky. Old eyes are easily confused. :urgh Your pointer is indeed a keeper. I always get the feeling there is a ship hiding under the pointy end. :cheers

Back