• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug wrong max caliber on some ships

Hello pirate's im new on forum and i whant some information in a bug i have.
i got AoP CoAS with v3.2 CM mod
So what i need to know is on my ship_init file my man o war have in their defenition to get cannon's of max caliber42 or more dont realy matter this point.My bug is my man o war when i test to see if the caliber is right on him he always come with caliber 32 or less but never with 42 or more why this happen and what i have to do to try to fix it.
thx and sorry my english isnt very good:ship:cheers

Each ship when generated is random, some MOW's will be generated with max calibures of 42Ibs while many will be generated with 32. To see if its a bug (CMV3.2 was a long time ago) go into Program\Ships == Ships_init.C and search for the following line. Press F3 to bring up the search box, paste the code bellow into the search box, you should be taken directly to the MOW entery.

Code:
SHIP_MANOWAR

Now look down the MOW's code, you will find the following line of code.

Code:
 refShip.MaxCaliber         = 42;

If that line reads = 32;, then change it to 42. Save and exit the file and load your game. Use the reinit function to update your game, any MOW's you own will not be updated, so you can either sell or keep them. But any sMOW's that are generated will now have the possibility of been able to mount 42Ibs guns (note some MOW's can still be generated with max calibure of 32Ibs).

There seems to be a random component to add variety to the game. Eg: a ship with a cannon caliber of 28 could generate with 24, 28, or 32. This seems to happen with alot of other stats when a ship is generated. It could have more armormeaning that the ship will be slower. On top of the caliber, the actually equiped cannons can of a different caliber from your max caliber. the smaler your guns the more cargo you can hold or the faster you can sail and manaurver.

You just have to wait until one comes along with the bonuses you want with a negative you can live with.

luke i did what you said but when i posted the problem i checked the file before and was max caliber 42 but the game generate him with max caliber 32 this also is a problem on GoF1.2 i dont know why but the game generate the ships (some) with the version below of the max caliber.Is not a big deal but to get the caliber i whant i have to force the system and it sux sometimes.
note: Im using the console to generate the ship when i test (F11) on game i dont know if the problem is here but sometimes when i get him on sea the problem sometimes happen too.
also great work with the mods luke and the mod team i loved them all.
thx too jonesie for the help i know all that but its weird because the system couldnt put the caliber "below" of the max caliber when it is specify to put the right one.
if its "random" caliber its ok i ill try live with that xD
another think i checked the forum to see if is any tutorial to add a new ship to the game like a new one could be with same textures or not but i didnt find it any it exist any tutorial for this?
:aar

are you tryin to duplicate a currennt ship and then add it to the current ships you have already?

ok the cannon wrong max caliber its now very weird on my game so was before i said my man o war and etc max caliber sometimes i get them with 32 lbs or 36 and 42 but the weird now i checked some files and changed some string's because i thought they was wrong now it appear the same but if you go to the shipyard and try to put more than 32lbs cannon for ex: max is 32 but on ship_init it says max lbs 42.it ill let u put max lbs 42 but on screen it appear's 32.i think this information ill help to find bugs on GoF related with cannons lbs if exist i didnt test yet GoF1.2 since i got the lag problem with big fight's.
jonesie thx a lot again for the ship tutorial i get my first custom ship after multi hours of work and bugs xD but he is fine now.:bow:cheers

thank you, im happy that i could help. I have a question about your manowar editing.

QUESTION 1: When you change the ship data, are you reinitializing the game. To reinit the game you must be playing the game and then go to the main menu/options/mod options and press the big reinit button at the bottom. the game will freeze for a while but it is required for the game to recognise any changes you have made.

Even if you change the stats and reinit the game, any current ships you own will will never change to you edited stat. If the manowar had 32lbs before you changed it, it will always be 32lbs. any new ones you come across may be different.

QUESTION 2: there are quite a few large manowars and a dutch manowar. are you editing the correct ones?

QUESTION 3: how are you checking what cannon caliber the ship has. I had a bug when adding a new ship. When buying cannons the interface displays you ships in boxes along the top.Because i did something wrong i have a bug

BUG: 3 ships.

SHIP 1 ---- SHIP 2 ----- SHIP 3

there was a bug with my nw ship (ship 2). When ever i scrolled from ship 1 to ship 2 it would only display the stats from ship 1. If i went from ship 3 to ship 2 it would only display teh stats of ship 3.

Simply put the cimputer didnt know what to display when you selected it.

QUESTION 4: When you added your new ship did you start a new game

QUESTION 5: When you add a ship in the middle of the code you are effectively shuffling the ship data along. A ship that was originally ship 87 is now ship 88. to get the game to use the new ship you have to reinit. If you do that the game gets confused as you may have a ship or ships that used to be 89 but are now 90. The game will have the interface info of the old ship but the model will be the new original or vice versa.

i know i havnt explained it well but simply. you need to start a new game.

ok jonesie my new ship i tested him on a new game not a game i already have i dont use the reinit button very much only if necessary.When i add something new to the game can be values, ships(that now i know)or something else i always test on new game.I delete the current save file's because i dont use reinit button very much.
After the renit my ship ill stay with the same stats only if i buy one or capture it the stats ill refress i know this.
the man o war i edit was correct and max caliber of all them too.ex:max caliber on ships_init 42 on game appear less than 42 almost all the time but now if i have 42lbs cannon and try to put them on the ship they ill go.
the bug of the ship 1 2 and 3 i dont have it.
i check the cannons max caliber at ships_ini file.or if you refer in game what caliber the ship have on the ship information box ex:32lbs / 102 the first number max caliber the second max cannons of the ship.
the question 5 my game crashed a lot because of that since my tool to edit the file ship_h i think didnt put my new ship name but changed the number of the ships i fixed that and the game successfully start.
i think ive answered to all questions srry for my confused english i did my best to write this.:cheers
note:my new ship is a "better" version of the SoleyRu quest ship.

ok jonesie my new ship i tested him on a new game not a game i already have i dont use the reinit button very much only if necessary.When i add something new to the game can be values, ships(that now i know)or something else i always test on new game.I delete the current save file's because i dont use reinit button very much.
After the renit my ship ill stay with the same stats only if i buy one or capture it the stats ill refress i know this.
the man o war i edit was correct and max caliber of all them too.ex:max caliber on ships_init 42 on game appear less than 42 almost all the time but now if i have 42lbs cannon and try to put them on the ship they ill go.
the bug of the ship 1 2 and 3 i dont have it.
i check the cannons max caliber at ships_ini file.or if you refer in game what caliber the ship have on the ship information box ex:32lbs / 102 the first number max caliber the second max cannons of the ship.
the question 5 my game crashed a lot because of that since my tool to edit the file ship_h i think didnt put my new ship name but changed the number of the ships i fixed that and the game successfully start.
i think ive answered to all questions srry for my confused english i did my best to write this.:cheers
note:my new ship is a "better" version of the SoleyRu quest ship.
thats all good to know. I just wanted to make sure. If i can help anyone get past the mistakes i made then it is worth it. Im glad that your ship works and i am sorry that i cant help you with the manowar issues you are having. Have fun with you new ship.

ive been thinking. When you change a manowar and start a new game. Are you using the debuger.c cheat way if swapping you ship to the new one.

I had a frigate 20 guns 16LBS. then used the debuger cheat to get a manowar (i chose a random one, i think it was the batte manowar. I ended up with a manowar with 20 guns rather than 102 and 12LBS rather than 42LBS. is this whats happening to you?

Back