• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Wrong ship name in "Search for Peter's Ship"

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
In "Search for Peter's Ship", the free-play version of "Search for my Santiago", tavern keeper Albin Bonaventure still thinks you're searching for Bartolomeu's ship - or rather, you do, when you talk to him. From 'Albin Bonaventure_dialog.h':
I want to give free rum to the crewmembers of a ship called the 'Santiago' tonight.

Good catch, @Grey Roger!

So as for a solution, it will be either an if-statement or a pre-processor, I imagine.
I can't think of a sensible "generic" text that would always be right, regardless of the ship you're chasing.

If anyone can think of such a solution though, I would prefer that because it would mean no code changes at all. :cheeky

Does anyone mind if I change this line:
"I want to give free rum to the crewmembers of a ship called the 'Santiago' tonight."
To this?
"I want to give free rum to the crewmembers of a the pirate ship in port tonight."

If we don't specify the name of the ship, that means no code changes required. So that would be the simplest solution.

@Bartolomeu o Portugues, @Grey Roger and @Talisman: Any thoughts?

You probably don't want to announce to the world that you're associated with a pirate ship. Especially not since the mod which puts soldiers in the tavern. xD Also, Santiago / Arabella isn't in port, it's at the beach round the corner.

Since the whole quest, whether as part of the storyline or as a free-play side quest, is the work of @Bartolomeu o Portugues, I'd leave the decision up to him. But the code to arrange for Albin Bonaventure to know the difference shouldn't be that hard. Easiest is if there's a function which can tell which storyline is running, otherwise have either the "Bartolomeu" storyline or the free-play version set a quest attribute and have the dialog file check for its presence to pick the correct line.

Does anyone mind if I change this line:
"I want to give free rum to the crewmembers of a ship called the 'Santiago' tonight."
To this?
"I want to give free rum to the crewmembers of a the pirate ship in port tonight."

If we don't specify the name of the ship, that means no code changes required. So that would be the simplest solution.

I think that would be the easiest solution for the Peter Blood side-quest. :yes

Albin Bonaventure has a separate dialog file for the Bartolomeu Main Quest Story.

So as long as only the side quest dialog file is changed there should not be any problems

:cheers

Back