• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WTF!!! I captured Sea wolf and brought it to Bermuda only to understand the game "thinks" it is sunk

Handel

Landlubber
Grrrrr.... As the topic says!

Did it again and this time there were no problems. But I repeated exactly the same. Don't know where the reason is.

Did it again and this time there were no problems. But I repeated exactly the same. Don't know where the reason is.

just one of many glitches. the good news is that you could keep the ship. i still use it, and it's an awesome little tub. my fleet is basically the flying dutchman and teh sea wolf. and not much is going to stand up to those two.

just one of many glitches. the good news is that you could keep the ship. i still use it, and it's an awesome little tub. my fleet is basically the flying dutchman and teh sea wolf. and not much is going to stand up to those two.

Blue bird seems to be better...

A couple years back ( game time ) when young Ian Stance thought he was a bad bastard and had the "Blue Bird" pinned against the Bermuda shore line and thought Yeah I got the "Blue Bird", guess I'll go whip the Captain and keep the ship. Yeah right :facepalm . At a 14 level and really not all the sword experience He ( I ) got killed four different saves . :modding Finally He thought to hell with it and with his three ships of two Galleons and a tough Corvette reworked via "Pirate settlement" 32X32 special, He just blew it to kingdom come. :ko :2up

So now I can't have the "Blue Bird". WAH
crytime-1.gif

Sea Wolf is funny cause it says that it got 24 cannons but there are only 22 on the ship (2 on the back 2 on the front and 9 on each side). So it don't have the fire power that it should have. Or there is John Rambo on the deck and he keeps 2 cannons in his hands.

A couple years back ( game time ) when young Ian Stance thought he was a bad bastard and had the "Blue Bird" pinned against the Bermuda shore line and thought Yeah I got the "Blue Bird", guess I'll go whip the Captain and keep the ship. Yeah right :facepalm . At a 14 level and really not all the sword experience He ( I ) got killed four different saves . :modding Finally He thought to hell with it and with his three ships of two Galleons and a tough Corvette reworked via "Pirate settlement" 32X32 special, He just blew it to kingdom come. :ko :2up

So now I can't have the "Blue Bird". WAH
crytime-1.gif

You can just add the following code into ShipsUtilites.C located in Program\scripts, the good news is you will not need to start a new game either, but the Bluebird will be generated both at sea and at the shipyard. Where X is you have to add the number that follows on from the previous so if the last entery was 6 you would follow it up with ITest_Ship==7 and the last X ir "shipX" requires you to keep the value your adding the ship to each rand has a differenet value so for iTest_ship = rand(2); the value is "ship3" so you would change the X to follow suit so it would look like "ship3"

Code:
if (iTest_ship == X) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_XebekVML), "shipX");

Hope that helps you out, after you have bourght or captured the ship you can just as easily remove the ship again, you can only add the ship once per rand but you can add it once in every rand if you wish, the more its added the probable the ship will be generated. You can do this for any of the quest ships, like the Arabella which requires you to play as Captain Blood.

:onya :yes
My fleet is basically the Blue Bird, Cinco Llagas of Blood (or Flying Dutchman for others), and Soleil Royal ( or another manowar upgraded) for conquest of the city.
Sea Wolf is in parking.
What is "Arabella", and where is it? :?

What is "Arabella", and where is it? :?

The Arabella is a 52 gunner Friget. Notably one of the best Frigat's. Can carry a decent amount of cargoand has nice speed too. But its how the Arabella looks that makes this Friget one of the best, as for getting her well there are two way's. The first requires you to start the game as Captain Blood as that is the only legit way to get the ship or you can do what i have done since i will never play as Captain Blood and thats to make the ship generated in shipyards and at sea. Bellow is the code that you would need to add into ShipsUtilites.C located in, Age of Pirates 2\Program\scripts. By adding the code bellow not forgetting to change the "X" to a value (see my previous post above for information on that) the save your file and load your game, you will not need to start a fresh game but if you visit the shipyard you will see this ship been generated there. You may have to use the savescum option which after entering the shipyard walk up to the owner and save the game, now speak with the owner if no luck load the game back up and speak with him again. Keep doing that till you see the Arabella which will not be called Arabella, the ship will be called Friget if you see the name Frigat check to make sure it can mount 52 cannons is it can then there is your Arabella. This is the only way to get the Arabella without doing the Captain Blood storyline. I know sad they made a ship only available via that storyline, it would have been better if you was playing as another character that the Arabella would be Captain Bloods ship so the ship is still atainable outside of the Captain Blood storyline.

Code:
if (iTest_ship == X) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_ARABELLA), "shipX");

Yeah, that's what it's called in the game. It's referred to as Arabella because that's what the model was originally called.
Ah! Ok, thank you! :onya
And on this corvette of the quest CoAS, the Dog of War, someone has the features?
(speed, maneuverability, crew, guns ...)

Yeah, that's what it's called in the game. It's referred to as Arabella because that's what the model was originally called.
Ah! Ok, thank you! :onya
And on this corvette of the quest CoAS, the Dog of War, someone has the features?
(speed, maneuverability, crew, guns ...)

The quest ships have random stats so for example before boarding the Bluebird or any of the quest ships save your game and each time you load that save up you will see different stats, this is how some people have such good ships stats for those quest ships, after you are happy visit Bermuda to improve the ship stats even more, ie speed, monouverablility, max calibure etc. The total amount of guns however will never change, bellow is a list of the quest ships with there total cannons.

Bluebird
Cannon 22

Brig Queen
Cannon 22

Brig SW
Cannon 22

Soley Royal
Cannon 112

Dog of War
Cannon 40

Arabella
Cannon 52

Flying Dutchmen
Cannon 52

The quest ships have random stats so for example before boarding the Bluebird or any of the quest ships save your game and each time you load that save up you will see different stats, this is how some people have such good ships stats for those quest ships, after you are happy visit Bermuda to improve the ship stats even more, ie speed, monouverablility, max calibure etc. The total amount of guns however will never change, bellow is a list of the quest ships with there total cannons.
Yes, it is generally random, not for the Flying Dutchmen and the Soleil, which have fixed stats:
Flying Dutchmen: (fixed)
Robustness: 7500->9000; speed: 15.00->18.00; maneuv: 45.00->54.00; crew: 525->???; guns 60 (no 52)/32"
Soleil: (fixed)
Robustness: 12000->144000; speed: 10.60->12.72; maneuv: 29..00->34.80; crew: 1125->1350.
My better Arabella is:
Robustness: 4910->5892; speed: 16.46->19.75; maneuv: 45.10->54.12; crew: 538->645
My better Blue bird:
Robustness: 3256->3907; speed: 19.89->23.86; maneuv: 64.12->76.95; crew: 301->361; guns 22/32" (fixed number, but no calibre)
And your better Dog of War?

I haven't been playing the game and when i do i'm testing rather than playing since i'm currently working on a mod.

CAN U TELL ME HOW U GOT FLYING DUTCHMAN????I GOT SKELETON HAND..PLS TELL THE STEPS AFTER THAT..

Hey bud no need for the caps have you looked ion the walkthrough etc located further up from this topic?

If not then read this and see what you have missed.

1. drink in tavern, ask for tavern storys..

2. after few times, ull get a mesage, that it was in the port

3. go for it.....and ull get sunk, u lose everything and officers, so buy them tartans and give Trinkets to your offic. Leave tartans/luggers with offic in port control (ucan save only 3, i think...so plan this well)

4. After your "miracle" survival, u r on random island without money and ship, so go to neatest town and work, steal, etc to make some money and buy ship. go collect ur crew.

5. go to Amatice shore and way through jungle, past inca temple, to pearl coast settlement (i think u ll have to have spanish patent, or villagers will runaway), and talk with White Boy

6.go and collect 666 cursed pearls (have to ask governors of any nation to work for them, hopping ull get a mission to defend a town from skeletons)\

7. go to White Boy....

8.Go to tavern and drink until u get aright answer

9.go to sea, and try to capture it...U'll need a LARGE and STRONG ship and min 400-500 sea dogs soliders for it

When you get metal hand, you've done step 2 twice. Anyway, I think you got to sleep in the tavern for something interesting to happen while you have metal hand :dance

The Arabella is a 52 gunner Friget. Notably one of the best Frigat's. Can carry a decent amount of cargoand has nice speed too. But its how the Arabella looks that makes this Friget one of the best, as for getting her well there are two way's. The first requires you to start the game as Captain Blood as that is the only legit way to get the ship or you can do what i have done since i will never play as Captain Blood and thats to make the ship generated in shipyards and at sea. Bellow is the code that you would need to add into ShipsUtilites.C located in, Age of Pirates 2\Program\scripts. By adding the code bellow not forgetting to change the "X" to a value (see my previous post above for information on that) the save your file and load your game, you will not need to start a fresh game but if you visit the shipyard you will see this ship been generated there. You may have to use the savescum option which after entering the shipyard walk up to the owner and save the game, now speak with the owner if no luck load the game back up and speak with him again. Keep doing that till you see the Arabella which will not be called Arabella, the ship will be called Friget if you see the name Frigat check to make sure it can mount 52 cannons is it can then there is your Arabella. This is the only way to get the Arabella without doing the Captain Blood storyline. I know sad they made a ship only available via that storyline, it would have been better if you was playing as another character that the Arabella would be Captain Bloods ship so the ship is still atainable outside of the Captain Blood storyline.

Code:
if (iTest_ship == X) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_ARABELLA), "shipX");

I did some research into your method and found an easier way to generate the ships.

First backup ShipsUtilities.C in Age of Pirates 2\Program\scripts.

Now in the Replace option (notepad) paste the following code in Find what:

Code:
iTest_ship = rand(2);
  if (iTest_ship == 1)
  {
    FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_WAR_TARTANE), "ship2");
  }
  if (iTest_ship == 2)
  {
    FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_LUGGER), "ship2");
  }
  iTest_ship = rand(2);
  if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_LUGGER), "ship3");
  if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SLOOP), "ship3");
  iTest_ship = rand(3);
  if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SLOOP), "ship4");
  if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_LUGGER), "ship4");

In the Replace with paste the following code:

Code:
if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_ARABELLA), "ship1");

Now go to a port OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU'RE ALREADY IN. The ship will definitely be there in the shipyard with a different name. (well, it was there for me always.)

Buy it.

Save and quit the game.

Replace the original ShipsUtilities.c and restart the game.

You can do this for any ship by changing the ship's id (eg. SHIP_ARABELLA )

The ids of all ships can be found in the file Ships_init.c in Age of Pirates 2\Program\Ships\

When you get metal hand, you've done step 2 twice. Anyway, I think you got to sleep in the tavern for something interesting to happen while you have metal hand :dance

I really liked your site it helped me a lot. I wonder why you would post this here while you actually hid it in the walkthrough in your site.

Back