• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Xbox 360 Controller Support

Yes its the default game no mods

Its a pentium G2030 dual core @ 3.0ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Hd 2500 on board gpu
Windows 8.1

Cheers

Thanks Pieter Boelen & Thagarr for all your help and links its really helped me, thank you.

I have got the base game to work all good so far, and i have downloaded the xpadder but not really sure what to do, i did download at skyrim profile for POTC and that sort of worked as i cannot seem to find a POTC profile - does anyone on this forum know where to get on ?

Also i would really like to install the mods, is there a recommendation on what to install first etc ?

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the link.

Still unable to play this game and try the mods, i cant seem to get the xpadder right, does anyone know of a POTC xpadder profile i could download at all ?

Thank you.

You said above that you did have the base game working right? What is the exact error you are getting? I also highly recommend that you take a look at the Mod FAQ, the link is in Pieter's signature.

I would suggest that you get your xpadder profile figured out and working before you install the mods. You will most likely have to set it up yourself.

Hey, that's interesting! Would you mind sharing how that works?
Several people in the past have wanted to hook up XBOX controllers to the game, but never figured it out.

Certainly. I use Xpadder in conjunction with an Xbox 360 controller. My control scheme is as follows: left hand using the 360 controlling movement, activation, health, cursor up, down, left & right, Quick load, Quick save, etc. Right hand uses a 5 button mouse for all combat functions and inventory/info management. I originally used just the gamepad for all functions but found inventory management too cumbersome but for those who would like to try it that way, here's my Xpadder profile. People can keymap to their tastes but this Xpadder config allows PotC to be played very similarly to traditional console games (left stick for movement, right stick for camera, turning, inventory/information cursor, etc.), at least on land, but I prefer what amount to keyboard/mouse control with certain keyboard commands mapped to Xpadder. Less cumbersome that way.

Attachments

• POTC-New Horizons.zip
    696 bytes · Views: 338
That's brilliant; thanks @JackOfOwls! :cheers

I have now merged all old gamepad-related threads together here and stickied it, with your comments and sample file in the opening post. :onya

Yes, this might work for all you gentlemen of leisure & human couch cushions that want to play PotC: New Horizons on your big screen TV with your fancyboy wireless 360 controllers but I personally found it very slow and awkward using that second analog stick to maneuver through menus and targeting and such so I just use the mouse for that. Glad I could help :)

Back