• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 14 BETA 3.1 Polish translation

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
We've had the Polish version of POTC released in Poland, but no one even made a step to translate the Build and it's difficult to understand for people whose English is average or worse. So I thought I can do it, but it will take A LOT of time. I plan to post this available to download on PA if you agree. And I'll be needing your help in the future e.g. with adaptation of Polish letters (they were working properly in Polish vanilla POTC, but in Build only some of them are shown as they should) So what do you think about idea, please reply.:aar

Translations are always a huge amount of work. And then when a new modpack version is released, the translations have to be updated too.
It could theoretically be done, but nobody ever managed to see it through. People started on German, French and Spanish ones and nothing ever got finished. :(

:ahoythere! I want to present you the status of my translation for day 1.04.2013.
1) Translated all questbook entries in following storylines;
- Blaze Devlin
- Devlin Opera
- Tales of a Chevalier
- Woodes Rogers
- Master and Commander
- storyline out entries (universal quests)
2) All items names (items descriptions in progress)
3) Some of the interface (rest still in progress)
4) All dialogs in Tales of a Chevalier storyline
5) Some minor dialogs in other storylines
6) Nathaniel Hawk ending film (Polish subtitles)
Now I'm planning to make my own loading screens and subtitles in other storyline cutscenes.
The first POTC version I've played was the Polish version of course, so I hope you don't mind if I make some slight changes in character and locations textures and in some character names and dialogs. I just wanna some things to stay as old;). Hope you'll understand it.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, BUT I HAVE SOME CONDITIONS
THESE WHO MIGHT WANT TO HELP IN THE TRANSLATION MUST:
- know Polish language and don't make orthographic mistakes
- send me translated files back:D
I'm not totally free, I have got school etc.
I'm doing the translation only at free time, so I don't demand from you to be quick cause you're probably in same or worse time situation.
If I will need any technical help, I'll let ye know.
And don't you think that I'll give up.:aar
Greetings.
fjx

At the moment I'm in a hospital for a while and don't have access to my loading screen files. I'm sorry I can't be of much use right now.

I've made some my own loadings using PAINT.NET and Fraps. Please have a look and write what you think about them. My younger sister helped me a bit.:D

Attachments

• Boarding.tga.tga
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
  • Inside_Blacksmith1.tga.tga
    1.3 MB · Views: 235
  • Inside_Church_1.tga.tga
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
  • Inside_Dungeon_2.tga.tga
    1.3 MB · Views: 224
  • Inside_SmallTavern.tga.tga
    1.3 MB · Views: 247
  • Outside_Jungle_8.tga.tga
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
  • Outside_Pirate_Outer_location.tga.tga
    1.3 MB · Views: 218
  • Sea.tga.tga
    1.1 MB · Views: 230
  • Town_Charlestown.tga.tga
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
  • Town_Douwesen_Exit.tga.tga
    1.4 MB · Views: 225
Cannot open TGA files on this shared computer, I'm afraid.

I have looked at some of them. I would suggest that when taking screen shot, first set all video card quality settings to max. Yes the game will hardly run but the screenies will look much better. The AA and AF are most important.

Hi fjx, I have all the original loading screens for WoodesRogers still in my computer.
I can strip the text off them and send a huge pack to you if you want.

I have the loading screens ready but there is some kind of problem uploading them. Please PM your e-mail to me fjx and I'll try that way.

Are you able to use the new FTP yet, Jack? If not, let me know and we'll set you up. :doff

Is there a new ftp!!!? I had to 'double 7zip' the 8 packs to fjx, and send 8 e-mails.

I'm beginning to need help with Polish Build logo. If you want to see how the stock game logo was looking, write in Google Graphics "piraci z karaibów akella 2003". I need to add the New Horizons mark to it but I haven't any experience with logo making so I ask you for help. "New Horizons" in Polish is written as "Nowe Horyzonty". Sorry for any mistakes but writing on a mobile
is very glitchy and uncomfortable.

Unfortunately I don't have the actual New Horizons logo file so it could be translated.
Maybe you can send a message to Thomas the Terror who was the one who made it for us?

Sorry for any mistakes but writing on a mobileis very glitchy and uncomfortable.
LOL! Yes, it is. One of the reasons why I don't have an "advanced" phone myself. :cheeky

Back