• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] cant find frigates

pugwash21

Landlubber
Storm Modder
I used to have a nice class 4 Battle Frigate If I remember right it had a red line running down the length
of it,on the info page it said these frigates where only built for one purpose,Well its like I cant find them any more
are they only around for certain years,I have been to every ship yard over and over again,every port gone to map view
after a few days and then gone back to port they just wont show,right now I have a constitution frigate,

thanks

Aren't frigates usually class 3? Perhaps you think of the unique Peter Blood quest frigate? If you really dont find it, activate betatestmode and look through the ships in the shipyard, there are all the ships in the game.

Well it depends on the amount of guns they have mounted now since we have arranged ships to use a similar ranking system the British used. You will find Frigates that have 32 guns listed as class 5 while 44 guns means class 4, Not many Frigates are listed in class 3 now but there are some but class 3 is the start of the Lineships.

I assume that "Frigate" your talking about is a class 4 ship usually used in port controller lost ship quest, governor quest and stolen bride/groom one. Believe me that ship is one of the bugged ships in the whole mod. You literally CAN'T DAMAGE the ship, not the hull, not the crew, not the sails while they totally CAN DAMAGE yours. Funny thing is once you got the ship, it's no longer invulnerable. Though it takes little to less damage than other ships do, it's still a bugged ship.

The Light galleon class 6 is also one of them. Knowing the problem, i managed to take one for myseft, store my HMS Victory in the port then fully upgraded the galleon. Guess what! The ship is beyond god like, though it only has 20 guns and less than 7000 Hp, no ships or forts can birng my ship to the bottom of the sea even when shot with a full board to board by the quest FD :razz

Back to the topic, if you want the ship that bad then you can use debug mod. To activate it go to your game folder Program/_mod_on_off.h, search for the line #define MOD_BETTATESTMODE then change "OFF" to "ON". Load your game, in game hit F11, look to the bottom right of the screen for "Installtion". Hit it then check the line "BetaTestMode" or something then hit the X on the top right to exit (If you press OK then you'll be teleported to COAS and f*** up your game). There you go! Now you can check on the shipyard for any ship available in the game. I recommend you should create to 2 save files, 1 b4 activating betatestmode and 1 after as it's quite dangerous if not used correctly and might affect your game A LOT.

PS: For more information 'bout bugged ships, see here http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17950-crash-repeated-almost-constant-for-the-screen-in-the-sea/page__st__40. Posted by Joe Dagger

Back