• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crash repeated, almost constant, for the screen in the sea

giocoso

Freebooter
I have seen many posts where they are reported various types of crashes, and was told that you will try to solve them with patch 1.2.
For me, it has become a nightmare the crash of the title, and the frequency increases with the progress of the game.
Now, I'm afraid when I board the ship from the ground, or when I switch from the map into the screen in the sea... :modding :ko
Practically, I can not play... :cry
Please hurry the release of the patch ... :bow :bow
Maybe only a mini-patch for the crashes... :rolleyes:
Patch 1. 1+0,5.... :?
add..These are the details of the problem reported by Windows:
ENGINE has stopped working
Nome evento problema: APPCRASH
Nome applicazione: start.exe_Akella ENGINE
Versione applicazione: 1.0.0.1
Timestamp applicazione: 4902fdf5
Nome modulo con errori: GEOMETRY.dll
Versione modulo con errori: 0.0.0.0
Timestamp modulo con errori: 4902eb62
Codice eccezione: c0000005
Offset eccezione: 00001487
Versione SO: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
ID impostazioni locali: 1040
Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 048b
Ulteriori informazioni 2: 7fdfeb9cd0fcbbc700560f1af123059c
Ulteriori informazioni 3: a105
Ulteriori informazioni 4: dda13a375cd0d4950a48b795d0a1a3aa

Work is been done on fixing these bugs, i haven't had problems like you and in my GOF 1.1 main game i am rank 37. The only crashes i have had are in battles where a ship is demasted, have you installed any mods over GOF 1.1?

... have you installed any mods over GOF 1.1?
Yes. I'm testing their effectiveness...
1): http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17930-rel-fix-humphrey-douglas-musket/
(Bug of Humphrey Douglas - musketeer )
2): http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/tracker/issue-575-broken-danielle-sheppard-portraits/
(Danielle Sheppard portraits)
3): http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/tracker/issue-611-ascold-quest-inventory-list-bug/
(Ascold Quest: Inventory list bug)
No other.
Thank you for your attention :gday

Some crashes are related to certain ships and crashes appear more often, like for instance the "Lydia" if you have her in your squadron sell her ASAP.

Which is a shame she's a fine vessel but it crashes the game and run from every battel if you see her... the battle can't be completed a CTD is almost certain.

May be the Amsterdam is crashing the game too.

Giocoso, can you post a list or your ships, please?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Some crashes are related to certain ships and crashes appear more often, like for instance the "Lydia" if you have her in your squadron sell her ASAP.

Which is a shame she's a fine vessel but it crashes the game and run from every battel if you see her... the battle can't be completed a CTD is almost certain.
It is very probable that this is true also in my case. :yes
In effect i have this problem only in this game, where I have always used (early) the same ship, then upgraded: a "Surprise", not very effective but select because speedy and manoeuvrable, and never changed for laziness waiting the "Dog of War" of CoAS.
Now the "Surprise" is parked and my Char is in CoAS...
In the journey from Tortuga to CoAS (with a Tartan... xD: ), also in the switch from map into the screen of storm/sea, I never had problems.
Will check after the CoAS, with the Dog of War...

I confirm that the crash, probably, was caused by the ship type "Surprise".
I think this type of ship is bugged.
Since I changed the ship, I have not crashes!
Thanks to friends Joe Dagger and buho :onya

The beeps are not necesarily related to the crashes. I have a fleet which is like a squad of footbal referees and never crashes.

We are working in a list... what to do with the listed ships is what is producing me nightmares :modding.

Cheers.
buho (A).

We are working in a list... what to do with the listed ships is what is producing me nightmares :modding.

Cheers.
buho (A).

I'm sure a stable game is priority over nice ships that crashes the game. I think there are only two possible solutions to this issue.

To find the bugs within the ships which is for sure very time intensive and most certainly very difficult to figure out and fix them that also would require much playtesting afterwards to be sure the fixes work.

To remove the ships in question from the used ships in the mod. It's the fasted and best solution for now eventhough it's a loss of some fine vessels we all gain since we have much more stability in the game which is needed. If the bugs on those can be resolved than maybe in a later patch but them back into the mod but until them... sink 'em far away from all Captains out there.

For Instance I'm taking a break from playing since the CTD are spoiling the game fun for me.

Yes the beep is another annoying issue but that is an vanilla issue and not related to the mod type "net stop beep" (without the quotes) in the command line (run) and it's gone for the active session. Do so again if you restart the PC, there's a method to remove it permanentely but I'd not recomment that since it's a sound from the mainboard and it could be a usefull hint to some errors inside the PC, while it is only annoying in the game and the hardware is okay.

I agree about removing the ships if we can't fix them... but there are some issues:

1) I fear a ship can't be removed or included again without starting a new game. Not totally sure about, but sure enough to take it into account. Asking all the comunnity to start a new game only to find a solution a week later is not the better way, so I need a lot of certainity before propossing to remove a ship.

2) We don't know how many ships are crashing the game. We know some, not all. Again, asking the community to start a new game to find there are some other ships still crashing the game and calling for another game start is really a fearsome posibility.

Anyway, it is not my decision but a team decidion. We are still trying to fix the ships and/or trying to figure out some other options.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Sorry to say Buho, but adding or removing ships does require a new game. I'm about to start testing the ships now to get a complete list of ships that cause CTD's.

...adding or removing ships does require a new game...
Ehm... I'm sorry... :eek:k
The thing is sure? :?
I have several ships Bugged in the parking, with officers and goods: what happens to them? Disappear and stop, without consequences?
If so, okay ...

...adding or removing ships does require a new game...
Ehm... I'm sorry... :eek:k
The thing is sure? :?
I have several ships Bugged in the parking, with officers and goods: what happens to them? Disappear and stop, without consequences?
If so, okay ...

No, they will stay. The existent ships will stay even if we delete the definitions in the code. They will stay bugged and without the right template they are related to.

We can try to delete them at savegame load time, but we are risking to break ongoing quests.

The game have an array of "base ships" (like templates, where you define how a ship is) and the "real ships" (the ones you sail and fight against).

The array can't have holes. Holes will crash the game. Removing base ships without making holes needs an array resizing. An array resizing calls for a new game start: and old savegame may have data addressing the array past the new limit.

We solved both points: we are able to remove ships without making holes or changing the array size. But we can't solve the problem of deleting the offending real ships because we have no data enough to evaluate the impact (moreover the impact varies with the savegame quests state).

As I can't evaluate the impact I prefer to be in the safe side: I'm for forcing a new game start if ship removing is needed.

Cheers.
buho (A).

I have no problems starting new games: the beginning is my phase favorite :dance
But it is good to know what happens with the new patch.
My ship parked and bugged have the bug of cannons... :eek:ops :wp
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/tracker/issue-344-cannons-still-duplicatable/
Maintaining the old game, is very easy for me replace with other ships (not bugged...) in the parkings, before applying the patch.
I have not parked ships with the bug of crash, but I would not have problems even then...

So...we need to start a new game in a week? Oh crisis I think I need to lay down for a moment :ewwmy life just went up in smoke

So what!! You do as you see fit at your own convenience.

If people want this game to improve, it comes at a prize - either they throw themselves in and start working, or wait in patience while others do the hard work for them.
Cheers, my support to you and thanks again for a wonderful mod! :cheers

I've tested all of the class 6 ships out and will be going back over them just to double check. The only ships i couldn't test was the Tartan's, its like sitting at a table flicking pea's and a ant running across the ground some 4 feet away. When i was testing i sunk the Tartan and War Tartan while trying to demast them lol.

Yeah it's a big task to test all ships we have like how many now ingame? 165 Ships in the mod? Maybe we could use a sticky thread were all can report the CTD ships so we have a list together which is fast to find and to report in, this would speed up the community efforts to find the buggers and for you mod guys to remove/replace them from the game or if possible fix the bug within the vessels in question.

Also it would be good if this thread gives a link to the dismasting crash fix so all who play have the same game preferences. That way we can be sure it was not a falling mast that CTD the game.

Like I said starting a new game is welcome (for me) since the desired goal in the 1st place is stability no game is fun that crashes often, guess we all agree to that. We have now minimum about 4-5 ships that for sure crashes the game even if you are playing with the dismasting bug fix.

Surprise
Lydia
Amsterdam
Wicked Wench

EDIT
Is there a fast way to get one ship after another without playing to get them first? Like a cheat for testing purpose where you simply type the ship class (name) info and have the ship right away... that would speed things up enormously.

Back