• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Weapons

SuperDurnius said it will make a preparatory work for the interface pictures and send them to Thomas seeing Thomas said once it will make this work.

Tell me (or another moderator) what you want deleted. I don't think you can do it yourself.

Hopefully Bartolomeu is still talking to me as I promised to look at some weapons descriptions with him, and I can only apologise to him that I have'nt had the time yet.
I think those weapons also still require interface pictures and without that, I can't add them.
I'm tired of waiting for this.. :rolleyes:
So, I'll do the interface pictures for the weapons fix. :wp

To SIM :

Here are the weapons .. Each one with a letter. Try to make the description this month because I'll finish the interface pictures over the next weeks..

Hi Bartolomeu,

Here are the weapons .. Each one with a letter. Try to make the description this month because I'll finish the interface pictures over the next weeks..

I should be able to start looking at this, this weekend. Just one question if I may. The weapons are identified with letters, not names. Do you want me to identify them as well, or has this already been done?

There shouldn't be a problem if this hasn't been done, just a little more work for me :rolleyes:

Sorry mate, was I doing this? I thought I was just doing descriptions :facepalm

Hi Bartolomeu,

I should be able to start looking at this, this weekend. Just one question if I may. The weapons are identified with letters, not names. Do you want me to identify them as well, or has
this already been done?
Yes to identify also the weapons :onya
There shouldn't be a problem if this hasn't been done, just a little more work for me :rolleyes:

Sorry mate, was I doing this? I thought I was just doing descriptions :facepalm
This comment wasn't for you :cheeky

Don't worry, be happy Thomas. xD: I understand your situation.
It's not the end of the world.. But, your absence is a big loss for the community. :facepalm

To SIM :

I made the interface pictures. Did you finish the descriptions ? We need them so that the community can start working on the period weapons mod...

Bartolomeu,

90% done, just have to finish off the last three. The only problem is that the file is on my home computer and I am working away this week :modding

I'll get the file to you over the weekend if you can wait a couple of more days :yes

The interface pics look great btw.

Yep, the pics do look great. I do hope you still have the uncompressed non-JPG files somewhere though.

I'll get the file to you over the weekend if you can wait a couple of more days :yes
No problem, Sim. When finished, release the descriptions in this topic so that people ( maybe Pieter ?) can think how to classify all the weapons of POTC and finally to have just a part of the weapons for each period.

I do hope you still have the uncompressed non-JPG files somewhere though.
What do you mean by the uncompressed non-JPG files? what is it ? :?

When you make an image (from, say, a screenshot), it's in perfect quality.
Then when you save as TGA/BMP/PNG, you keep all that quality.
When you save as JPG, the quality decreases and you get weird effects around the edges.
This is fine for posting on a forum, but it's not so good for use in the game.

Alright, Pieter. Understood. :onya
Indeed, the JPG format is not good for the game. For these interface pictures everything was in TGA format.

Bartolomeu,

Please find attached weapons descriptions as promised. :)

I only got back from working away today, hopefully it didn't delay you too much.

Please everybody look through and if you think I have made any mistakes, please let me know.

You will find that I have identified the weapons, put a picture to most of what the real-life weapon looks like and also identified the period they were introduced. Hopefully that will help with the weapons mod. :onya

Attachments

• Wepguide.zip
    621.5 KB · Views: 86
Back