• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tailor

LOL, that would be quite the fashion statement, don't you think??? :d:

Seriously, back to the armor - I went to a tailor and bought a Portuguese armored outfit - then went out back of Conceicao's town and hunted down some bandits and rapers - the armor seemed so NOT NECESSARY that I just changed back to Nathaniel's skin (yes, I am playing in "the usual" - mundane, I know, but *familiar*.)...

Have not yet tried this for boarding purposes but since I have been battling at the Swashbuckler level with opponents who are far more damaging to me than on other levels it will be quite interesting to see how the armor affects that...

But don't hold your breath - So far I have been unimpressed. And I hate the way I look in those pouffy pants, anyhow! (HA!)

I actually like the new armor idea. I mean if you want to wear armor, you should look like you're wearing armor. :cheers: Oh and I agree Catalina, armor is not necessarily necessary :)

Actually it seems the armor DOES help - I repeatedly get shot by all the enemy crew when I board a ship - which is what is killing me more than my character's lack of fencing skills or good sword. At least the armor does lessen the damage...

I think before when I did a test run with the armor, the HP of my enemy were so small as to be insignificant - and they weren't all carrying guns!

HOWEVER I noticed that before when I boarded sans armor, the HP of the enemy was around 600... NOW they're up to 1000! :huh

And they aren't wearing any armor - So I wanna know what these guys are eating for breakfast - and who knows, they might have those armor - plated boxer shorts too! xD:

I wish I could *sell* some of these clothes tho, I ended up with three sets of Portuguese armor - one with a different face, but two are identical - and I'm not sure how I did that. :?

And I still hate those pouffy pants. :yes I guess they're supposed to be riding jodhpurs, in a way, but :cheers :blah: :blah: xD:

You can make any of the clothes have the armor stats. I just don't get the idea that you change your face to wear armor. Personally the military skins do nothing for me. Just make sure if you added new clothes to the initItems file that you also add it to the initmodels file. Not sure if this would effect any of the NPC's we fight but I sure can see a huge difference in the damage me and the officers that wear it. It seems to be much better then the old stuff we had in 10.1 =). Now that I know how this tailor mod really does work I'm very glad they made it. Not sure exactly why nobody explained how easy it is to add and remove clothes but it works fine.

I like the Tailor mod too, I just want the "old armor" back because I like going around as Nathaniel... I know, it's boring, but I do like it. I have gotten quite a hoot out of going around as the C gov too - he's just so fancypants that he makes me laugh. xD:

I must admit to a fondness for the "plain" skins as well.
Nathaniel, Will...though probably now I'll try searcher. Especially as I have trouble with the moustache(s).

Until (hopefully not unless but until...) there are new armor'd models, having invisible armor available as a choice via #define sounds like an idea...

Hey what about a clothes that has a musket attached at the back of it so that it will look like you are bringing a musket!!!!! ;)

Back