• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help 2 questions

noniac

Powder Monkey
QA Tester
Provisional
first: I have the 0.0 settings for surrender option and the enemy ships still running away, why?
second: in hoist the colours storyline, what I'm supossed to do after I met barbossa at octopus bay in Martinique???
I have latest build 14 beta 2.1 on my stock potc game
thanks for helping...
by the way, great storyline although the bugs that carries you to a dead end...lol...

When the surrender setting is 0.0 enemy ships will not surrender. I like to set it at 0.04 or 0.05.

I do not recall what happens next. What does the walkthrough in the Wiki say?

The surrender code is for actual surrendering, eg. giving up and heaving to.
Running away is coded separately. I don't think you can disable that.
But do you really want to have the AI captains behave more stupidly than they do?

along the gameplay I noticed that my character changed suddendly to the character I was speaking whit, like barbossa or the skeleton who sell you the unique ships for example, but not the stats or the weapons, just the outlift and the name...lol

Of course. I like to buy a silly costume and wear it when I go there so that he ends up with it. Like the cabin boy.

He DID warn you there was a price to pay, right? :rofl

I did that on purpose as I wanted to add a bit of a curse to buying his cursed ships.
However, it is as harmless a curse as can be as it is extremely easy to get your own look back.
Try to figure it out! :cheeky

and getting barbossa outlift when talking with him in the treasure cave is normal too?

and getting barbossa outlift when talking with him in the treasure cave is normal too?

:yes - Yes

The story writer wanted you to play as Barbossa for that bit - as you captain the Black Pearl & try to capture the Interceptor - you change back to Jack Sparrow again shortly after that.

:cheers

Back