• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

40 gun 4th rate masts

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I've run into something puzzling with this ship. A while back this ship was fine and all was well. Then one fine day I noticed that something had happened to the front and rear masts. The main mast is ok. It looks like the wood grain graphics somehow got turned 90 degrees because these two masts have horizontal banding on them instead of wood grain. This happened a while back, but ever since, every time I encounter one of these 40 gun 4th rates I see the masts are still like this. Methinks something in my game hiccuped to cause this. Is there a way to fix it?

Sounds like a potential deck/desk mess-up. Which ship is that exactly? Then I can see if I've got it too and can fix it.
If you have that problem, it's probably a bug with the modpack and not with your computer/game.

Sounds like a potential deck/desk mess-up. Which ship is that exactly? Then I can see if I've got it too and can fix it.
If you have that problem, it's probably a bug with the modpack and not with your computer/game.
I saw things like that while sorting out the Historical Ship Pack, before HEX-editing them to use the right textures. So it could be a deck/desk confusion. The 40-Gun 5th Rate is the "refShip.Model = Lineship", so Lineship1, 2, etc (the original 'Black pearl'). I've just had a quick look at them, and they look fine to me. :shrug

Those are stock game ships, so they won't use nor need to use desk.tga. :facepalm

It's back to square one then. :modding
Miklkit, could you get a screenie of it? That might help. :shrug

Ok, but it might be a while before I see another one. Like I said, it was ok for a while, then went bad. Using the old rating system it's a class 4 "lineship". I'm currently sailing the 44 gun 4th rate which is "warship". The 40 gun is the better ship except for the masts.

Well, I stumbled across one. Lineship47. It was at the "Defend Bridgetown" battle. There was a LOT of actions taking place all around that island. Frinstance after I sailed away chasing ships this lineship sails into Bridgetown and attacks it too. :ixi I really need to get rid of that Aztec gold..... :rumgone

AH, now I see it. Turns out I didn't look hard enough in GM Viewer; I tried her in-game, and it became clear to me that it doesn't look right.
Thing is, she's using the correct textures (despite still being that horrid dark brown deck), so I've no idea what's causing it. :facepalm
The only difference I can find between the masts is that the mainmast is using a different 'material' file to the other two, and it's fine.
Are you sure it hasn't always been like this? :?

It's just SOME of the masts; the middle one is fine, right? That's BIZARRE! :shock

Yep, the mainmast is absolutely fine, which is just weird!
This is the same for all the Lineship models based on the original Black Pearl.
I'm beginning to wonder if it was originally like that anyway! :shock

Well, relying on my memory is always a bad bet. :j1 My computer has more memory than I do. :)) Maybe I just didn't notice it for a while. Now it grates on me, and I won't use that ship because of it. :eww

I just had a thought(yes it hurt). Since the lineship and warship are similar, and one has messed up masts and one does not, could the warship masts be used for the lineship?

The GM Viewer confirms this problem. Something is wrong. Can you post it on the Bug Tracker please?

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1283127204' post='377819']
Any updates here?
[/quote]
The discussion is continuing on the Bug Tracker. :yes

Back