• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed 666 & Hunderd Devils

The Storm engine has memory leaks and does fragment the hard drive over time. I do a system scan, optimization, and defrag every 3 days. Sometimes it goes quickly and sometimes it is like a bomb went off in the hard drive and POTC and COAS files are scattered all over the place.

Yes, the morale does drop on the Montanez and it sails away, but I drop out of the world map in sight of Puerto Rico. I just continue on my way and the story continues just fine.

Does someone has a savegame close to the battle with those ships? Then I can try to fix it soon.

Does someone has a savegame close to the battle with those ships? Then I can try to fix it soon.

Here ya go, I don't had a save so I just create one :p

Just go to Barbados and there are the animist ships ;)

Greetzz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• Animist Ships.zip
    717.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
The morale certainly does start of low, but a good helping of gold raises it to "Good". A few days out of Bridgetown it's back down to "Low".
So IS there a large discrepancy in reputations between yourself and her captain?
If not, then something else is going on.

Yes, I'm "Hero" and the Montanez captain is "Swindler".

In another attempt at the same encounter, this time I watched more carefully. I had the Spanish flag up, there was no warning "We are recognised", and initially Montanez showed up grey (neutral) on the compass. Part way through the battle it turned red (hostile) and this time it didn't run away, it did shoot at me. I didn't return fire, and I'd been careful not to shoot when it was anywhere between me and an Animist ship, but I had Virgilia Mendez with me (which proved to be a mistake for another reason as I'll mention in another thread), and it's possible he accidentally shot the Montanez. In any case, as usual I sank the Animist ships and teleported to the tavern.

Exactly. Definitely a companion mutiny then.

I always did wonder what to do with quest ships for those cases. It should be possible to disable them altogether,
but that would make those kind of captains a bit of a cheat. So I'd prefer not having to do that. :facepalm

Methinks that happens the same with Claire Larrouse on the sidequest of the french pirate on the tavern. I usually have to pay a lot of gold to her crew because her ship get her morale down very fast (Don't know if it is because of the reputation or the very low leadership of her). If I don't do anything, the ship gets mutiny and it would probably crash the sidequest.

Exactly. Definitely a companion mutiny then.

I always did wonder what to do with quest ships for those cases. It should be possible to disable them altogether,
but that would make those kind of captains a bit of a cheat. So I'd prefer not having to do that. :facepalm
for convoy quests etc we already made a fix where the captain is chosen round your reputation right? Maybe we can do that here also by setting the reputation of the captain to a certain value so you dont have a mutiny that quick.

Low leadership of a companion captain does make for low morale, but not bad enough for a mutiny.

for convoy quests etc we already made a fix where the captain is chosen round your reputation right? Maybe we can do that here also by setting the reputation of the captain to a certain value so you dont have a mutiny that quick.
Indeed we did. Not sure about doing the same for quest characters though; they would probably have a certain reputation on purpose, no?
But it should be possible to add some "reset morale" code in the function that adds ships to your fleet, I think.

The morale drop is indeed due to the difference of alignment between me and the Montanez captain. It's not a major problem other than needing lots of gold and rum. Those, however, will not fix the original problem reported here, which is that you can't board the Animist ships. ;)

Here ya go, I don't had a save so I just create one :p

Just go to Barbados and there are the animist ships ;)

Greetzz,

VanessaHudgensFan
Can't board them even with the instant boarding ability, the icon doesn't recognize the animist ships as targets, I can use it for boarding the other ship from the save.

Must be some sort of "boarding disabled" line somewhere. :modding

Now I think of it, I'll just uploaded a save in the Mergildo Hurtado Tavern thread. Is it possible to board the ships there in that storyline? Technic it's the same quest and I haven't try it when I was playing it. It just sunk them as I always do but maybe its word a try to see if this 'problem' is also there ;)

Greetz
VanessaHudgensFan

Hi all,
There is a problem with the quest if you are able (which we used to be) to board the Animist ships as after sinking them you are transported to Bridgetown tavern. This used to cause a problem when you were on the second (last) ship in the capture screen. This is a similar issue to when you try to capture the pirate ship at Bonaire with the statues. The quest requires you sink the ships.:D

With respect to the Captain Mergildo Hurtado, I changed the leadership value in quests_reaction.c to 5 from 1 - this didn't work as it probably requires a new game. I did use the one ability point for him as "Iron will" which successfully scotched the mutiny.
As previously said if you ignore the mutiny and moor in San Juan the quest plays out normally.;)
I will try a new game to see if the change to leadership does work as well.

Hi all,
There is a problem with the quest if you are able (which we used to be) to board the Animist ships as after sinking them you are transported to Bridgetown tavern. This used to cause a problem when you were on the second (last) ship in the capture screen. This is a similar issue to when you try to capture the pirate ship at Bonaire with the statues. The quest requires you sink the ships.:D

Ah so this is the reason you could't board them. This also happens with the three ships you must sunk in the harbor of Bridgetown after capture Bridgetown. You should'n be transported when you're still on these ships but after you sunk/capture it just as it is in the stock game ;)

Greetz,

VHF

So is this fixed already now or is it intentional?
If it's fixed where are the files?

I think it's intentional to sink them instead of board them?
I'd leave the ships "unboardable", other than 2 rafts with cannons and some ammonition, what else is there to get from those ships?

Back